Call error 803 call restrictions in place when making calls

JvSurfer
Novice II

My trial number worked fine but when I ported over my number from Verizon I wasn't able to make calls. I assumed it was due to the port taking a few hours. After 3 days I am still not able to make calls I keep getting a message that the number I called has call restrictions in place. I work in technical support for another major carrier so I knew all the troubleshooting steps so I did them all

• reset network settings
  • hard restart
  • toggle airplane mode
  • make sure old sim was removed
  • make sure do not disturb was off
  • remove the esim and reinstall it
  • double check my blocklist
  • updated the phone
  • performed a phone factory reset & restore

Nothing has worked. I already had a suspicion it might be a back end provisioning issue which I am 99% sure it is. With provisioning issues the line itself has to have the network settings in their system reconfigured. Tier 1 support usually doesn't have full access to the tools required to update these type of settings usually requires escalation to another more advanced tech department. I chatted in with tier 1 and they escalated and created a ticket number for me but the email I received from the care team basically just told me to do some more basic troubleshooting that I had already done.

I had read about all of the horror stories people had when moving to Visible so I was worried about something bad happening to me when I moved over but my trial was so good so I decided to move over and hope for the best. Kind of regretting it now. If they can get it fixed I will be happy but if they can't get it fixed within 1 week from now I'll have to move carriers.

6 REPLIES 6

JvSurfer
Novice II

update : chatted with chat support last night, they had me do troubleshooting. I did all of the steps they asked me too. They created a ticket with another department. The next department sent me an email in the morning. Very disappointed because they just asked me to check my do not disturb, cellular settings, and airplane mode. Obviously I have done all of this before. Then I had to chat in again, the next agent made another ticket for the next department again. now I am waiting on another email.

FYI I work in network technical support for a major carrier so I know what I am talking about and how these things work. I know for a fact that this issue is caused by a Provisioning issue (network configuration on the back end). Troubleshooting like reinstalling eSim, factory reset, network reset, hard restarts etc etc will not fix the issue. It has to be fixed by the tier 2 or advanced tech teams. Tier 1 can't do anything besides escalate my issue.

JvSurfer
Novice II

Last update : the newest email I received from care just told me to check my screentime restrictions. That officially confirmed Care has no idea what they are doing. I am porting out to US Mobile at the moment.

tgundo2003
Novice

I am going on 8 DAYS of this issue, even been thru "escalations" which sent a giant email of steps to do almost all of which support has had me do already. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the phone- people trying to call me get the same message even if the phone is off. THIS IS THE MOST HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE EVER...

rjosel
Novice

Sorry people my English is no good...but after 4 time redownload the ESim card and many chats with visible .I I get here looking online...i follow every steps JvSurfer mentioned ... finally its working... i did everything that JvSurfer plus turn on the personal hotspot...

hopefully that help someone here.

thanks JvSurfer!!!!  

tgundo2003
Novice

Well- after a couple of weeks of no phone, I filed a complaint with the FCC and I have changed carriers. I went to T-Mobile and literally had my phone, the exact same phone hardware not a new phone, working in about 5 minutes... Shame on Verizon for letting this Visible product exist. You have lost a customer, and I had 5 lines with you...

they should add costumer service number!