Calling Restrictions - Cannot Make or Receive Calls and Texts!

gwayne9595
Novice II

Hi everyone,

I transferred my number from US Mobile to Visible last week, and after the transfer eventually going through, I was able to use my Visible services with no problem at all.

Then, one day after the transfer, I noticed I was not getting any SMS texts (iMessage still works), and sending those kinds of texts also doesn't work. I then noticed after trying to call someone, that I get the voice error "We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call, announcement 19... (and then in a different, male voice:) Your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again, announcement 901."

I strangely had this (or very very similar) error message with US mobile, a few days before I transferred my number to Visible, and US mobile support was able to make a change or two on their end, and have me restart my phone a few times, and the issue was eventually fixed over the phone that night.

It has been at least 5 days now and still no calls or texts. I have spent hours talking with Visible chat troubleshooting to no avail, and they escalated my case to the "BACKEND"/network team for expert review. Support tried to delete/redownload eSIM, (iOS was up to date already), reprovision, reset/repair my services, turn on/off roaming and dial assist, resetting network settings, all the standard troubleshooting, etc.

I just this morning got a response from their "senior" team that my case was resolved, because they saw no network outages or issues in my area. But after restarting my phone again, I still have the issue. They clearly don't understand my issue. Am I going to have to start another round of chats for them to finally understand my problem??

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a fix!? I am seriously considering switching carriers because of this nightmare. Each time I chat with support feels like I am completely starting over with someone new, if I don't get disconnected from the chat in the first place 😞

Send help!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@gwayne9595 - I am shocked that you're having issues with your Apple phone on the Visible network, us Android users typically are the ones with the problems.  Can you please confirm you have the latest updates on your phone installed?  If not, please connect to WiFi and download them then see if that helps.  If you go into your settings and look under your carrier settings, is your phone number listed properly and showing that it has service?  The fact that iMessage works is separate from using the Visible network.

If you keep having issues, you might want to go into your reset settings and reset your cellular settings completely then work with Visible support to redownload a new eSIM.  I've seen this happen with the Verizon network with one of the corporate devices at my work and this was ultimately the fix.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Hey @RyanBlakeIT , thanks for your reply!

I have had the latest iOS version since the beginning of the problem. Day 1 with Visible support they reset my network settings, checked to ensure my phone number is there in the Phone settings (it is), did a redownload of my esim, reprovision, reset my connection to the towers, turn off dial assist, turn on/off roaming, check the carrier bundle (Visible 53.0).

I’m still waiting for their technical support now, who say they are looking into it, but they’ve said that in 3 different support cases so far this week. This is day 6 of no calls or texts either direction.

I have filed a complaint with the FCC, maybe that will finally get their attention. I hope their support can finally fix this issue.

@gwayne9595 - Sounds like you're doing about what I would be doing.  Contacting the FCC does tend to get carriers attention so it's good you went that route.  In tandem, I would constantly check in with Visible support via chat on the status of your cases.  As I've learned, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

gwayne9595
Novice II

UPDATE:

This morning, I lost all services with Visible, so I decided to try and restart my phone, and BAM! Now calls and texting are working again. Their senior support team must have fixed something even though they didn’t let me know.

To anyone unfortunate to have the same problem, make sure your ticket gets up to the highest support team, submit an FCC complaint, and wait!

Very happy to hear your issue is resolved!  Thanks for taking the time to let us know. 🙂

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Restart sometimes fixes the issues. Lol

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Lol! Very true. It wasn’t just a restart, though. Their support team let me know they made some fixes on their end. I just happened to restart at the right time, before they told me they fixed it.