Can't Receive Incoming Calls!

logantrky
Novice III

Like many others apparently, we are unable to receive incoming calls. Ported in today and it has been nothing but a hassle. I can make calls, text, and use data, but can't receive calls. So frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IMF
Novice III

Details for iPhone.

Install the new version of the Visible app. As of today it is version 4.2.0.

Reboot phone
Delete previous esim from Settings:Cellular:Visible

In app step through Switch Now

enter IMEI for your phone (on iPhone the IMEI can be found in Settings:General:About)

Continue with esim install

reboot phone

wait a few minutes before trying to call into the phone

View solution in original post

82 REPLIES 82

DizGuy
Novice III

My wife is having this exact problem--incoming callers get a message that her number is not available.  She just switched from Verizon to Visible yesterday and we've been through all the troubleshooting steps through the Visible chat and they have supposedly send her ticket to a higher support tier who is supposed to respond by email (none yet).  Interestingly, I also switched from Verizon a little over a week ago and had no problems at all.  We both have iPhone 13 Pro phones.  The fact that so many of us who have recently switched to Visible are having the same problem will hopefully be enough to prove to Visible that the problem lies on THEIR end and they need to address it ASAP!

I also just switched and am having the same issues.

I am now finally able to send and receive sms but I can only place outbound calls. Any time someone tried to call me they are greeted with the Verizon message that I cannot be reached.

I also cannot setup my voicemail. I received a sms from Verizon that my pin was changed, but it doesn't tell me what that is.

And I have been trying to get on the chat for hours.

Same issue here! I switched over from Verizon Prepaid to Visible and I can't receive any calls but I can make them. So frustrating!

Same thing is going on with me and I got the sim card cannot receive any calls and voicemail said pin was changed?

Same thing has happened to me and I installed sim card

That is so interesting you had no issues but she did! I have an Iphone 12 and I can't receive but I can make calls. Very frustrating and I can't get through the chat to anyone. I"m not sure what to do and really hate to try and switch somewhere else.

Join the club. 😞

I have been in chat with Visible several times, but each time I had to wait approximately an hour until I made it into the "countdown queue."  The chat window changes to a countdown of the number of people waiting ahead of you for a techie.  So, my advice is, if you want to try to chat with them, be patient for at least an hour.  Also--and this was recommended by one of the techs themselves--if you want to try to get into chat, use a computer rather than the phone app.  Open a window in your computer browser, login to visible, and initiate the chat request from there.  Then, simply wait and don't close your browser.  He made this recommendation to me after admitting that trying to chat through the phone app often times out or fails for some people.

wtstars911
Novice II

Were you able to get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Switched over 10/3. I am able to make calls, receive texts, etc but I can't receive phone calls.

Still not resolved. CS said that it was a network issue and that they are working on it. No other news. 

Not so far, wtstars911.  I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that, because so many of us seem to be encountering this issue, there is hopefully a higher likelihood that Visible will see it as a problem on their end and address it ASAP.  

WoodyWoodPecker
Novice II

I can send and receive texts from some phones but not others. Data is fine as well as outgoing calls but no inbound calls yet. It has been this way since yesterday when I activated the phone.

Cmoney12051
Novice III

I am still having this same issue. activated service 10/4/22, ported my number from google fi, and still cannot receive incoming calls.

It's ridiculous. Everyone needs to keep putting pressure on customer support. Consider filing a complaint with FCC if you haven't already. 

DizGuy
Novice III

Has anyone been in a chat with visible tech support where someone actually acknowledged the problem and indicated they are working on it? I seem to remember seeing that someone had posted that, but now I can’t find the thread it was in. 

Yes, they admitted to me in a chat that it is a widespread problem with their network and that they have pinpointed the problem. However, they didn't give an estimated time for resolution. 

Thanks, logantrky, that is encouraging!  It sounds like those of us who are in a position to be able endure the (hopefully temporary) inconvenience are just going to have to hang on until it is resovled. 😟

I just ended a chat a few minutes ago with support and they are escalating my issue up. He tried several things with me over chat but nothing fixed the issue that I'm not receiving calls. Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly.

🤞

TSLefty
Novice

My father and I both ported over from Verizon on 10/3 and 10/4 respectively. He was first and had no issues... however I do have this exact problem! I can send and receive texts, make outbound calls, but I can't get any incoming calls. The caller just gets the automated message! 

rsbonini
Novice

Same here, activated yesterday Oct 4, everything works except can't receive any incoming calls.  Haven't yet reached out to customer support. 

You should try to contact CS, IMO. They need to know that this is a huge issue. 

I have been trying to all day. I missed the chat once but I have been in queue for 3 hours 

thesot
Novice III

Having the same issue. Ported my number to Visible and month ago and have no problems with that line. Ported my wife's number tonight, can't receive calls. Can make them, can send and receive texts, and data works. Just can't receive them. Downside of these bargain cell phone companies, there's awful customer support when things go wrong!

Doesn't appear to matter the make of phone.  My phone (that's working fine) is an Android, wife's is an iPhone.

BigSky
Novice II

I am having the exact same issue.  I activated my phone on 10/3 and can make outgoing calls, send and receive texts, but can't receive incoming calls.  I just spent 2 hours on with chat support and they took me through a series of questions and are now elevating my case.  They say I will get an email within 24 hours but we will see.  I asked for a reference # just in case I need to follow up

BigSky
Novice II

I am having the exact same issue.  I received and activated my phone on 10/3.  Since then I am able to make outgoing calls, send and receive texts, but can't receive incoming calls.  I just spent 2 hours on with chat support and they took me through a series of questions and are now elevating my case.  They say I will get an email within 24 hours but we will see.  I asked for a reference # just in case I need to follow up

Cmoney12051
Novice III

I updated to the new version of the app that was released today, then I removed the old esim and got a new one form the app. after a few minutes i was able to receive calls. 

thank goodness.

We're using regular physical Sim cards in our phones.

That is certainly great news, Cmoney12051!  I will update my wife's phone and give that a shot.  Thanks so much for the update!

Could you post the exact steps you used to do this through the app?  I know how to delete the eSIM from my wife's phone, but I'm not certain of the steps to reinstall it from the app.  I would really appreciate your help!

IMF
Novice III

Details for iPhone.

Install the new version of the Visible app. As of today it is version 4.2.0.

Reboot phone
Delete previous esim from Settings:Cellular:Visible

In app step through Switch Now

enter IMEI for your phone (on iPhone the IMEI can be found in Settings:General:About)

Continue with esim install

reboot phone

wait a few minutes before trying to call into the phone

Thanks so much, IMF!  I'll try this soon and let everyone know how it goes!

IMF, your steps worked like a charm!  My wife can now receive calls and everything seems to be working great!  Really appreciate your help!

I'm working on this now myself, switching my wife's iPhone over to esim in the newly updated app.  Will update.

Worked here as well!  Thank you, IMF!  Wife's phone service is now working like it should.  I guess I can toss this Visible sim card...

@thesot @DizGuy all I did was wake up early and find the app update. Thanks due to Visible for the fix. It shouldn't have had to come to that though. Hoping for a couple of days refund/extension of service. Though that will mean going into chat :-).

I have same issue: cannot receive any calls since transferred my line on 10/3. I use a physical sim card (not esim) in my iPhone 13 now. Could I still can follow this step? Please help. Thank you very much!

Followed the steps....now stuck. When switching, it is sending OTP to as text message and since I have deleted my Visibe from the cellular, i do not have a way to receive text message.

Update: Was able to receive OTP through email.... initiated the switch but it is taking way longer than 5 minutes... still waiting

Update: It worked....