Can't get service with Visible iPhone 14 Pro Max

UntoldForce
Novice II

I bought myself and my partner iPhone 14 through Visible. We've been with Visible for a few years now and while I've had my share of activation issues, they've always been fixed quickly through a quick chat. Despite the promised "easy" activation of the eSIM through Visible, it was anything but. The wait line to chat to an agent was >2 hours, and when I finally got an agent they blamed me for the fact that the iPhones wouldn't activate. I spent 3 hours following the agent's instructions again and again, and still the phones won't activate. The agent said that they would escalate the case, then didn't escalate it citing that their escalation team is running several days behind. I asked to return both iPhones but the agent said that their software that handles returns is not functioning on the back end. I'm basically stuck with these phones, can't do anything with them, and can't even switch them to another carrier since they're locked to Visible. What gives? This is the worst customer service I've ever had with any phone carrier. Does anyone have an answer on what to do? I have about 9 days left in the return window and can't even return them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UntoldForce
Novice II

Just in case someone else has the same issue as me... after talking to 4 agents one finally told me to activate the Visible eSIM on IMEI2, not IMEI. It worked like a charm. So save yourself a lot of hassle and just copy the IMEI2 number when you activate your iPhone.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

UntoldForce
Novice II

I almost forgot that the Visible agent was so untrained that she insisted that I put a physical SIM card into the iPhone 14... when no American iPhone 14 has a physical SIM card slot. She even ordered me a SIM card despite my saying that it's useless.

Luck-bethe-lady
Novice II

I have the exact same problem and Iโ€™m wondering how to escalate this. They claim to be escalating our issues internally but I doubt it. They promised me a call back from a manager over a week ago and itโ€™s been completely radio silent. I had to buy a tracphone to be in contact with people.

UntoldForce
Novice II

Just in case someone else has the same issue as me... after talking to 4 agents one finally told me to activate the Visible eSIM on IMEI2, not IMEI. It worked like a charm. So save yourself a lot of hassle and just copy the IMEI2 number when you activate your iPhone.

Me too. Canโ€™t use iphone14 locked bought in Visible. Bigest mistake of my life. Canโ€™t use it bsc it would unlock after activation. But canโ€™t activate it. I have no idea. Worst company ever have used. !!!

megabeacon
Novice

Mines having the same problem except I started with the iemi2 and the switch to the new phone never happened. The screen says wait about 5 mins. Waited much longer than that and nothing. Restarted phone tried numerous times nothing switched just stayed on the 5 mins screen. Removed esim service from old device now canโ€™t receive one time text message for switch and old device in now stuck in setting without service. canโ€™t get seem to get an agent.

deanathon5
Novice

the IMEI2 trick didn't work from me sadly. I also was told by the Twitter Visible Care team that customers who are trying to transfer service to a new phone without upgrading to one of their new plans have been seeing this issue. Something Visible needs to figure out

coriemarie18
Novice

I reached out to customer care 7 different times, two chats got dropped on their website/app, 5 were successful (if you can call it that). Facebook messenger was much more productive. Then I hit a wall with a cust service rep - so I went to Twitter Visible Care messages. I bought a 14 Pro Max. I had the Party Pay Visible Unlimited legacy plan. The phone arrived, I activated the eSIM via IMEI. It started working but only on basic cell service (no data, no iMessage) - this lasted for less than one day. I saw that I was not on the latest iOS, so I installed version iOS 16.2. My cell service stopped working at all. Wifi only. I reached out to customer service multiple times. Their first suggestion was to - upgrade to the Visible or Visible+ plan. I decided I would try the pricier Visible+ to check out the expanded coverage and faster data. The problem - I had no clickable link anywhere on the app or the website to upgrade. I contacted customer service and they said I need to make a final payment on my Visible unlimited party pay plan. I look, it says next payment due 1/18/23 $40. I attempt to pay it but again, there was no clickable link to make a payment. I try to turn off auto-pay and there is no option to pay. I reach out to Visible customer care again - they say I need to wait until the next payment is DUE to upgrade plans. I tell them this is unacceptable, as I cannot wait 8+ days with zero cell service. I have been told the issue was escalated and will now be escalated again. I stated I should be pro-rated or discounted on the next billing cycle, is I am losing almost 10 days out of the 30 (I received and activated my phone on 1/9/23 - supposedly no cell service until after 1/18/23 (if it even works, which I have no confidence in since nothing else they suggested had worked). 
I told them I am at the point of filing a complaint. Visible is aware that there are compatibility issues with the new iPhone 14s; however, they do not tell customers about this potential problem, OR that the party pay legacy plan will not work. They should make the service plan upgrade mandatory before allowing a customer to activate the iPhone 14 (without warning). I have not tried the IMEI 2 trick, because 1. I don't think it will work 2. I do not want to delete and re-activate my eSIM for a second time. If anyone has any additional insight please let me know. I have been as thorough as possible in hopes it helps someone else to avoid the run-around.

gfischbach
Novice

I have been having the same problems as everyone here with the iPhone 14 Pro Max.  After about 8 or more hours online yesterday night with support, I was told it needed to be elevated.  So they elevated it.  This morning, I tried and nothing.  I went online again and after another 2 hours, it was elevated again and I was told they would send me an email.  So I got tired of waiting and decided to try something.  I went in and DELETED the eSIM. (To delete the eSIM go into Settings->Cellular.  You should see "Delete eSIM in red".)  This only resets it to factory setting.  Then I went back into Visible app and redid the whole process again.  This time it went through and I got my service.  I hope this helps someone.