Cannot activate service - transfer from Galaxy A03s to iPhone 14

CameronFowlks
Novice

I'm helping my sister with starting on Visible. I don't know what service she had before. She has a Galaxy A03s, which has a sim card, and I'm currently stuck at the part of the activation on the iPhone's visible app where it shows you the plan price and your payment method. Every time I get there and confirm, it says "something went wrong" and sends me to the useless chat bot. I did everything it told me to do, and all the payment information/billing address is correct, so I wonder if it's because the new phone does not have any kind of cellular service set up? I tried to set up the eSIM but it won't let me because I don't have an eSIM to transfer and I don't have any qr code from visible to scan, and the iPhone 14 does not have a physical sim tray. I'm at a loss what to do next, the chat bot has nothing useful to say, and googling hasn't done me any good either.

4 REPLIES 4

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I had to use the QR code method when reinstalling my eSIM on my iPhone SE 2022.

The method I used was to login to my account using Safari on my iPad, then use my iPhone SE camera to capture it.

You can also just use your iPhone and take a screen shot of the QR code and use the photo option. Check out Visibleโ€™s iPhone activation page in the โ€œQR Code activationโ€ area

https://www.visible.com/help/iphone-activation

I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding the article but I just cannot find this QR code. the article says to go to your account overview page and it should just be right there, but there's nothing there. I wonder if all this stuff is supposed to show up after I start paying for the service but it won't even let me do that because it keeps saying something went wrong.
Also, I found the article about switching from normal SIM to eSIM but that's not working either because it says there should be a "devices" tab under her profile and there just isn't. So I can't even get into a screen that lets me scan a QR code.

You have to delete your current phone to get the scan QR code option on the account web page, at least that is the way it worked for me.

Please do not make the mistake of deleting your account, only the existing phone.

There is no existing phone. The cheap tracfone she has was through a different carrier. I guess I'll just wait until after the holiday and try again because clearly it should be working but its not.