Cannot setup cellular on second Apple Watch

houseplant4
Novice

Trying to setup Visible on a replacement Apple Watch. When I go to the Watch app, navigate to Cellular, log into Visible in the Watch app, tap the “Add Device” button, I get the Visible message “Something went wrong.”

As context to what led to this, I had an Apple Watch 8 that I setup cellular on via the Watch app on my iPhone 13 mini (which required accessibility to even get to that blue add button as others have suggested here, but besides the point). However, I unpaired and returned the Apple Watch 8 then downgraded to an Apple Watch SE (2nd gen) instead. Then I try to setup service and I get the error that “Something went wrong.” Visible told me I’d have to delete the Watch service on my Visible account entirely because the transfer of service was failing. So I did. Then they said I would have to wait one full billing cycle without the Apple Watch plan before I could enable it. So I did…

I have tried setting up cellular for the 3 days straight since my billing period started, after waiting a full month after deleting the service as directed. Nothing.

Anyone have suggestions? Visible has been of no help in resolving this.

3 REPLIES 3

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @houseplant4, did you ever get a resolution to this yet?  I would expect that if you fully removed the watch and went to add it back next month, it should allow you to.  Were you able to get through any of the process?

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

houseplant4
Novice

@RyanBlakeIT- short answer: Yes!

Long answer for anyone fatigued by this same issue: Right after my post above, I actually saw your other reply here:

...please note that Visible currently has a policy that only allows you to sign up or change your watch during your renewal date.  Yes, we Superusers think it’s silly, too, but that’s the current situation.  If you could please try again on that date and let us know how it goes, that would be appreciated.

I assumed / hope "renewal date" meant start of next monthly billing cycle, which aligns to what the Visible Support team mentioned the first time (over Facebook Messenger chat). But since I was already past that mark by 1-7 days of continuous attempts, I sort of gave up. Started looking at other carrier plans.

Regained some hope/energy around it (dramatic, I know, lol) about 2-3 weeks later. I tried again (again, enabling my iPhone 13 Mini's accessibility feature to navigate to the hidden Setup button though that you can't scroll to), and it worked! 🎉

For others like me, it may take 1 full monthly billing cycle plus 2-ish weeks before you're cleared to setup another Apple Watch on your plan. Try weekly, not daily or hourly, is the one lesson I have.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@houseplant4 - Thank you for sharing and for letting us know the outcome.  Very glad to hear you were finally successful.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.