Cant receive text messages

UCONNCASS
Novice III

This notice is now on their site

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. Our team is working quickly to resolve it.
If you're experiencing issues with your service please power cycle your phone, this resolves most issues.

53 REPLIES 53

brcr
Novice III

Power cycling does NOT fix the issue

Same here☹️

OK SO HOW DO WE MOVE THEIR BUTTS?  I THINK WE ARE ALL DESERVING OF A REBATE OF SOME SORT.  THIS SHOULD NOT TAKE DAYS TO FIX!

What is power cycling? Just restart the phone?

Yes, that’s correct. Just make sure to leave your device off for at least 15 seconds.

Done that over a dozen times with NO help. Plus no one can use 2-step authentication because on top of not getting texts your phone number is registered as SPAM. Way to go!

Does not work

UCONNCASS
Novice III

Nothing helps.  Removed and reinstalled the sim, reset network settings, reinstalled messaging app...nothing helps

Same here, and unable to contact visible because cannot receive verification texts!

Exactly. What kindergarten class do they have working on this?

Lo79
Novice

This is really annoying- not even sure when I stopped receiving texts, maybe sometime last night but didn't notice until this morning.  Been in the queue for a while now and powering down/airplane mode toggling isn't working.  Relatively new Visible customer and starting to regret my decision.  I am fine with potentially lower data speeds given the price but basic service is essential!

Same same

dfa

Me too.  I have no complaint for Visible in last 45 days, but this headache absolutely way beyond frustrated.  

Agree completely! I depend on my phone a lot for my job, for getting in touch with clients who also have busy schedules. I need them to be able to reach me if they can't answer when I call. I'm a new-ish customer also. I switched because I thought with Visible using Verizon towers, that my service would still be almost as good. I wish I could have afforded to stay with Verizon.

tda829
Novice

Taking my family's service to Visible is turning into the worst mistake ever!  My husband's phone is consistently out weekly since switching and it usually takes no less than 30 minutes to get the issue resolved.  Toggle between airplane, reset network settings, is app up to date, is iphone up to date, make sure to do an online chat from your laptop, remove esim and reinstall esim.   I have a bill to pay which needs to send me a text to verify the log in....I cannot receive the text.  I can't log into my visible account because they had me set up the two factor authentification and I can't get the text message to do that.   So fed up with this company!!!

Believe or not, before today I have no complaint for Visible.  But this inconvenience caused headache worse than any other bad experience I ever had.  : (

This is the first hiccup I've had since joining the service in October.

Me too!! I have been using Visible since July 2022!! 

Same

Ken
Novice II

Have same problem 

5416jh
Novice II

My text messages and voice mail still aren't working 😠

MMpitts8
Novice II

Same here. Very Annoying

Njk2342
Novice II

Same

Jacobwewo
Novice

Same.  No service for 2 days for me and my partner.  Unacceptable

KileyE32
Novice

Is there a trick to getting logged in without two-step authentication to get in the help queue? Obviously I can't verify with a code the text me because texts aren't working...

After a few minutes, it also gets sent to your email.

Never got a email tried that

Not mine 

Chunwuxian
Novice III

I did not see it.  When they are going to fix it?  

jvawser
Novice II

Power cycle and also airplane mode several times like google suggested has not fixed the problem. I’m in Idaho

wete3001
Novice II

everything was working fine for me on Monday.  Didn't notice anything wrong until last night when both my wife and I (both Visible users now) couldn't receive texts, even from each other.  Both of us use Google Messages, except I didn't use the chat feature on mine.  I switched to chat last night and that was when I could text back and forth between the two of us.  We can call out and send texts (called a vendor for an order and he told me he received my text but I didn't get his reply) but can't receive unless the other user has chat enabled.  Still trying to determine if this is a Visible problem or a Google problem.

It’s a Visible problem 😞

Chunwuxian
Novice III

Did they come up with a solution of estimate time of fixing it?

wete3001
Novice II

Nothing yet. 

Benny
Novice

Can't receive text from android phone's been this way all day. NOT happy I'm a new user but won't be for long if this is the kind of service I get.

JohnScrip
Novice II

Didn't even notice (as Apple messages are coming through fine) that texts were down.  Also questionable phone usage (I can call other iPhone users, but haven't gotten through to anyone with Android for two days now).  Wife can't log into anything with employer because of MFA, I can't get into my Visible account due to MFA (you think they'd bypass that for the moment).  

This just doesn't look good...  

bigsprig
Novice III

Have 2 step verification set up for all accounts and CAN NOT sign in anywhere because can not receive text messages.  Wife has surgery tomorrow and depend on text for urgent information-  THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visible, this is your first strike!

Khimba29
Novice

Power cycle does not work. Looking at a new carrier, probably Verizon's new plan for the same price as Visible. This should not take days to resolve and Visible should have been proactive in letting subscribers know of the issue. Haven't rec'd any texts since Tues 2/28