Correcting a porting error

jjkoenig
Novice II

I provided wrong spectrum account number while creating a visible porting request. How can I change that account number to allow visible to provide it to spectrum to enable activation of my phone number to my new visible account and mobile phone to work?  Chat operators are not allowed to deal with account info. I cannot find a voice line to talk to human. I have spent hours going in circles with chat bots mostly. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

georgeb
Intermediate II

Hello@jjkoenig , there are two ways to update the account number at Visible.

Either look in your email for an email sent from Visible "Action Required".

Or chat with an agent from Visible. Specify 'agent'.

At: https://www.visible.com/help/connect

View solution in original post

You were spot on your advice.  I had already tried both to no avail.  The action required may work in most cases but in this case it assumes that the account number is always correct and the pin number is wrong.  While that is usually the case, it does not have to be as was my case.  So following that path seems to a solution only if you trick the system into cancelling account process by maxing out the limit of 10 times having wrong pin.  In my case it was correct pin but now for wrong account number.  I was about to do that when other method finally prevailed.

I was able to text a live agent (CSR) for a second time.  Both first and second time their response was identical to bot response (correct the pin).  The agents apparently can not access much information or make any changes on their own. Eventually I was able to convince them that they had to cancel my application or ask someone else to review my plight.  The weight time to finally talk to an agent was over an hour for me each time.  It took about 18 hours for them to take correct account that I provided and port my phone.  It was a time consuming ordeal and I am happy it is over.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

georgeb
Intermediate II

Hello@jjkoenig , there are two ways to update the account number at Visible.

Either look in your email for an email sent from Visible "Action Required".

Or chat with an agent from Visible. Specify 'agent'.

At: https://www.visible.com/help/connect

You were spot on your advice.  I had already tried both to no avail.  The action required may work in most cases but in this case it assumes that the account number is always correct and the pin number is wrong.  While that is usually the case, it does not have to be as was my case.  So following that path seems to a solution only if you trick the system into cancelling account process by maxing out the limit of 10 times having wrong pin.  In my case it was correct pin but now for wrong account number.  I was about to do that when other method finally prevailed.

I was able to text a live agent (CSR) for a second time.  Both first and second time their response was identical to bot response (correct the pin).  The agents apparently can not access much information or make any changes on their own. Eventually I was able to convince them that they had to cancel my application or ask someone else to review my plight.  The weight time to finally talk to an agent was over an hour for me each time.  It took about 18 hours for them to take correct account that I provided and port my phone.  It was a time consuming ordeal and I am happy it is over.  

If you don't mind me asking, So how did you get a real agent?