Data and non-Apple text messages are not working after upgrade to iPhone 14

TheWeirdOne
Novice II

I upgraded from iPhone 8 to iPhone 14 after having problems with porting to this phone. I wiped the phone several times and reinstalled from backup. Reinstalled the eSim 6 times trying to get this fixed. I can make calls and get text messages from iPhone, but not from any Andriod phones. There is no data at all. I can only use Wifi.  

When I talk to Visible support. They had me wipe my phone (again!) and reset the network and reinstall the eSim several times. It did not solve the issue. I was told that if that did not solve it, that I would have to upgrade to the highest visible plan! 

Why tell me the iPhone 14 works with my current plan, then tell me once I start having issues porting that I have to upgrade to resolve the issue?  Anyone else have a solution to this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

This was on Reddit. Might consider changing your plan $30 to $45, or $45 to $30 plan.

if you are on the $25 plan, thatโ€™s my guess as the issue. Good luck.

โ€”โ€”โ€”-

1) Turn off phone and remove physical SIM
2) Turn back on and go to โ€œsettingsโ€, โ€œgeneralโ€, โ€œresetโ€. Delete all Network Settings and all eSIMS if you have any.
3) Open Visible App and upgrade your plan first.
4) After upgrading plan, it will prompt you to setup an eSIM. The iPhone takes over and sets up the eSIM from Visible. Follow all the prompts.
5) Once it is complete, it can take up to 15min for it to connect to the Visible Network. During this time, your phone will show SOS in place of signal bars. Once itโ€™s on the network, signal bars will come back. 1) Turn off phone and remove physical SIM
2) Turn back on and go to โ€œsettingsโ€, โ€œgeneralโ€, โ€œresetโ€. Delete all Network Settings and all eSIMS if you have any.
3) Open Visible App and upgrade your plan first.
4) After upgrading plan, it will prompt you to setup an eSIM. The iPhone takes over and sets up the eSIM from Visible. Follow all the prompts.
5) Once it is complete, it can take up to 15min for it to connect to the Visible Network. During this time, your phone will show SOS in place of signal bars. Once itโ€™s on the network, signal bars will come back. 

Why do I have to upgrade my plan? That is the part that seems like a bait and switch move on Visible part. When I was looking at upgrading my phone, it said the iPhone 14 was compatible with my current plan. I should not have to upgrade it to work. 

Any suggestions other than upgrade my plan? I am getting to the point of being frustrated with Visible that I may switch to another carrier that has less problems.

What plan do you have?

I have the Visible Unlimited plan. 

Welcome to Visible!

All 3 Visible plans are unlimited. We have a Legacy plan, Visible $30 plan, and Visible+ $45 plan. With the friends option the Legacy plan can be as low as $25.

If you are Legacy that could be the issue. Just trying to help. I would think that swapping plans will reprovision the eSIM.

You can always go back to the $30 plan Granted you spent an extra $15, but it may be worth it to get rid of the headache. Good luck.

Big headache and it was not billed as ....you won't ever have the service you had when you signed up and will need to pay x amount extra to actually remove the headaches that are embedded or given to legacy users.  I say - be upfront.  Also the plan that won't increase in price goes in and out of messaging saying it will be 25...then 30...then 25, and after 2 hours of hassle and chats, I just clicked on the final 30.  ugh.   Feeling not welcomed at all to stay with Visible.  Super disappointed.

bobbi
Novice

I've been having that issue for about 2 months now.   Super frustrating.  Signing up with plan - had VISIBLE said they were only able to work with IOS, I would have not signed up.  

SO I just went through what I thought to be a 15 minute upgrade and activation (sim card replacement etc). Turned into 2+ hours and no connectivity at all.  Even all the resetting of network caused Wifi issues.  Ugh.   SO painful.  And.......my texts to non IOS phones are still not sending.  I had assumed it was a push to get people to move over.   I have lots of dropped calls too in places that should work.