Deactivate eSIM and reactivate original SIM

mrr1ckva
Novice

I would like to deactivate my eSIM and reactivate my original physical SIM, which I have retained.

How should I proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you switched to eSIM the pSIM was deleted or deactivated, it can't be used again. If you want to change back to pSIM you need to contact customer service and have them send you SIM card. In the past asking CS to send a card you would lose service until the new card arrives, it was mentioned that this no longer is the case but not sure. So expect that your service may be off until the new card arrives.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you switched to eSIM the pSIM was deleted or deactivated, it can't be used again. If you want to change back to pSIM you need to contact customer service and have them send you SIM card. In the past asking CS to send a card you would lose service until the new card arrives, it was mentioned that this no longer is the case but not sure. So expect that your service may be off until the new card arrives.

Thanks for the info. I went on Chat, replied 'no luck' a few times and was connected to a live agent, who arranged for a new pSIM to be sent overnight. He confirmed that the eSIM would work until I activated the new pSIM.