Galaxy S23 Ultra preorder from Samsung

billybilly
Novice II

Will a Galaxy S23 Ultra new factory unlocked bought from Samsung work with Visible? existing customer, delivered to home, preorder promotion. Won't have IMEI till delivered.

11 REPLIES 11

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Check visible mobile compatibility checker. Or else go to a store and try your sim in that device before making purchase.

Hope this helps

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Visible does not have stores, its a MVNO

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are already a Visible customer with an activated SIM card from another phone you should be able to insert the card into the new phone and service should work. Might be a different story if you were trying to get a new card with an IMEI number that wasn't compatible and activating it.

I'll assume you meant new sim against an incompatible IMEI number; new phone would be a factory fresh unlock with new IMEI. Reason for the post is I have an S8 I was trying to use/have around as a backup, the IMEI is clean and compatible with ever other "bring your own" wireless service on the planet, even Verizon. But not Visible!  Won't have the new IMEI number till I order and have the new phone in hand to check, was trying to avoid a return scenario of new phone back to Samsung, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you mentioned existing customer in your original post so I assumed you had a SIM already. With that said there may be a chance that the IMEI number might show not compatible with Visible. 

I have been a customer since July 2021 and I even bought a new phone when I signed up. Last fall when the new plans rolled out that phones IMEI number shows not compatible with the new plans and still doesn't. So I had a chat with customer service about this and got the run around. It boiled down to my phone is not on the new list, they are working on getting as many from the old list moved to the new list as quickly as possible, that was 4 months ago and it is still blacklisted. It is my opinion that Visible has pretty much all Android phones that they have not sold in the the year blacklisted, this is just my opinion. If you didn't know Verizon owns Visible, just like you with your S8, I can take my Motorola phone to any other other carrier including Verizon. 

When you get the phone it may not be compatible. You can get around the IMEI checker by entering some numbers from an IMEI generator from a Google search. The bad thing is I don't know if you will be able to activate it or not. There has been at least one person that has activated a SIM from the new plan on a compatible device and moved it to a noncompatible device and it still worked.

Plans are cheap, customer service is lacking so one other way to make money is sell phones.

billybilly
Novice II

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice phone but not that great of a deal unless you trade in a premium phone from last year. The unlocked, no trade in, is $200 than here though but still 3 times more than I would ever spend on a phone. 

If you are not a current Visible customer and are thinking about joining, when your phone shows up and it happens to be show not compatible I will let you know it if is possible to activate a non compatible phone. I am finally switching from the old unlimited plan to the new regular plan and I am going to try and activate the new SIM today in my older phone that shows not compatible to see if it can be done. 

Yes current customer, also with trade in, and some freebies, buds case Etc, will post when I receive the phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are already a customer the IMEI number makes no difference. Just move the card to the new phone it should work since it is already activated.

I just received my new card for the new $30 plan and I did activate in my Motorola G Power(2021) that shows not compatible and I was able to activate it. It went great, I was able to call and receive texts but no internet. Well I didn't realize it but apparently when you remove the SIM card it must toggle the Mobile data button off, it took me a while to figure it out. I contacted CS on FB messenger and just sent the problem and the few minutes it took to get a reply that I needed to confirm the email and before they had a chance to help that is when I figured it out.

The 2021 G Power phone was my first as I never had one before and thought I needed it since I retired and was planning on traveling but that hasn't happened. Turns out I didn't need the 2022 model but I got it off of eBay cheap and it is like new. 

Good luck with the new phone.

kvelezvsc
Novice III

All unlock phones seem to work it's a matter of Visible not maintaining the list which is very time-consuming. This is how I resolved it: I purchased an iPhone from Walmart and received a Visible sim card using that phone's IMEI. You can also use a generated one IMEI Generator | Cool Generator List until you find one that works. I inserted the sim card into my unlocked Samsung phone, which was originally incompatible, and it worked. After that, I asked them to transfer my T-mobile number to the new sim card that came with a temporary number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had activated a new SIM in a noncompatible phone also. As far as iPhones go if you have an SE(2nd gen) or newer the compatibility checker doesn't even ask for an IMEI/MEID number and shows compatible and asks if it is unlocked. So in that case if you want a card from Visible for an Android just select an iPhone, other than the 14 since there is no SIM tray, and get a card that way. I have even used the cool generator and ran an IMEI number for iPhone and entered it in the Android checker and it passes. The IMEI checker that Visible is using is totally flawed. Verizon owns Visible so there is no reason they just can't grab the list from Verizon and update the Visible IMEI database with those numbers. I say that because my noncompatible phone that I bought from Visible in 2021 shows compatible at Verizon, or any other carrier or MVNO I have checked it at.

As far as Visible maintaining the IMEI database would be as simple as using the same system they are using for iPhone's and just have it bypass phones of a certain model year and newer, but then again there a number of brands using Android and only iPhone using iOS. In the case of my phone I bought it here in 2021 when I joined. When they switched to the new plans and wanted us to switch and of course my phone is supposedly no longer compatible. My phone has the IMEI listed in my purchase history so there is no reason for Visible not to pull those IMEI numbers and add them to the new plans as compatible. I don't believe it is all that much work to maintain or update the list, Visible just isn't putting any effort into it.