Google Pixel 8 /Pro

Bear
Novice

Hi

I'm considering upgrading my Pixel 4A-5G to a Pixel 8. While the base price is the same here and at Google, the Trade In at Google is $200 vs. $18 at Visible, plus Google will include Pixel Buds Pro ($200)

So the question becomes which model to purchase from Google (See Network Section) 

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_8_specs?hl=en-US&selections=eyJwcm9kdWN0RmFtaWx5IjoiY0dsNFpXe...

The basic choice up front is between unlocked, Verizon or AT&T. I realize that Visible is a Verizon entity, so I'm guessing the correct model for Visible would be the Verizon choice given their network.  If anybody has purchased a Pixel 8 from Visible I'd be curious to know what model they sent.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

I believe if you get the Verizon one it will be locked to Verizon, I don't think it can be used on Visible until it is unlocked, I could be wrong. According to specs it has 5G mmWave so it isn't like the 6a(I think it was) where to get that you needed the Verizon version. 

Dean is spot on, you'll need to get the unlocked version.  I got the Unlocked Pixel 8 Pro and it works flawlessly on the Visible network.  Transferred over from my Pixel 7 last night. Keep in mind if you get the Pro version and opt for the watch, it only supports WiFi and not cellular.  While Visible still doesn't offer cellular ๐Ÿ˜ข, you might want that feature in case you switch providers or if Visible ever offers it in the future.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Excellent info Ryan! Could you identify your model # with Settings > About Phone > Regulatory Labels? My goal is twofold: Buy the correct phone from Google the 1st. time and then deal with switching over from old to new. I using SIM chip from Visible which will presumably just work with that 8 or 8 pro?  Any idea if one jump to a new device and go to ESIM too without a case of tech distress? ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks agian!

Model: G1MNW
FCC ID (USA): A4RG1MNW

If you are using a physical SIM, I would just swap it over first then you can move to eSIM.  Another suggestion is to be logged into the Visible app on the new phone first and logged into a computer browser after completing the MFA (be sure to set the device as trusted) before doing the switch.  That will make it easier if you have issues and need to request help.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Thanks for your input!