How do I go from my $30 plan to the current $25 plan?

dmaxphoto
Novice II

I have the $30 plan and now Visible reduced the price to $25.  How do I get my billing to reflect the new plan price standard at $25?  I am still being billed the old price of $30.

Diane M

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Port out to another cheap carrier for a day or two then port back in is your only choice. Don't port to Verizon as there have been issues with the port being put in purgatory. Be aware that the welcome discount being offered expired on March 31st but still shows on the home page so you may or may not get it.

Thank you for your help and reply.  I think it's absurd that Visible is, (was?), advertising nation wide on Television, on their website, and online that their plan was $25 but that they would only give it to new customers and did not honor the loyalty of their present customers that have been with them for years by giving it to them.  It is a slap in the face Visible, NOT good customer service, and the opposite of showing your appreciation for your customers loyalty.  If it would have been a temporary, introduction rate that would be different.  This new rate however, is not.  It is a permanent, continued rate that they have chosen to not let their current customers have.

~ Diane M.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately your timing was not right. The offer was to the old legacy(party pay plan) at the beginning of February as valued member discount and for March it was offered to new customers also along with a $10 on the plus plan. I did manage to wait as I wasn't going to pay more until I actually had to and I have gotten the discount myself. It is currently a promo and with that there are beginning dates and expirations dates. It is like buying something at the grocery store last week and it went on sale week, you cant expect the grocery store to refund your money. I have read there are some that have asked customer service to get the discount only to be refused and some were told to do what I mentioned and that is to port out and port back in.

I guess if I was in your shoes I would be a little mad but still for even $30 a month it is a good deal. Certainly there are plans out there that cost the same but you won't get true unlimited data like here. 

My frustration lies with the fact that to get a card for the new plan I had to buy a new phone because my 1 1/2 year old phone I bought here showed not compatible. Bought a new phone and got a card and activated in the old phone and it worked fine so I wasted money on a phone I didn't need. That they are doing to a lot of old and new customers.

I get the whole "promo" thing but, it was not offered as a temporary price reduction that would only be good for so many months.  It is a permanent reduction.  That is what is leaving a bitter taste with me, that EVERY NEW person that signs up gets a better rate FOREVER than those that have the exact same coverage and have been with them as loyal customers.  They should just be reducing everyone's rate automatically to reflect their new pricing. Agreed that the $30 plan is still very good. The grocery store analogy actually doesn't fit because the sale price that would go into effect would be temporary, not a permanent reduction in price like this is.  Thanks again for your replies, much appreciated.  And, I'm sorry about your second phone fiasco, that stinks 😞 

~ Diane M

Anonymous
Not applicable

I consider this valued member discount to be temporary and guessing in about a year maybe two tops there will be a price increase because I don't think these prices can go on forever, but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Even the fine print says they can pull the discount at any time so how permanent is that? There are a number complaining about the same thing on Visible's reddit page and I get it. Some of those have complained to CS but never got any where and even was told by them to port out and port back in. Most of those complaints were not being able to get the plus plan for $10 off. 

I guess if it were me and I wanted the discount bad enough I would port out and port back in on a new account to get it. I think those are using US Mobile for the free trial or something, I don't know what other ones there are but don't port to Verizon as that can cause issues since Visible is owned by them and for some reason the port procedure is different between Visible and Verizon. Good luck.

I completely 100% agree with you Diane. They seem to have forgotten us customers that have been with them all these years. Who wasn't for us it won't even be able to offer the $25 service. Every time I talk to customer service anymore they act like they don't care if I stay with their service or not and I've been with them for 3 years.

dmaxphoto
Novice II

Jen, thanks for your support.  Maybe they will change their policy when they see the overwhelming response from their users that are saying what we are saying here.  I received an email yesterday stating that I can "upgrade" my plan to the higher one for $5 more a month and that it would be permanent so they are running that promo again to switch to the higher one that includes more countries in it's coverage for $35 if you switch to it.  Seems that they don't want to offer the lower price switch, only the higher one option.

DM40744
Novice

I signed up for the $25 plan in July of 2023. I've NEVER paid $25. It's Been $30 since I signed up. Even the app says I'm on the $30 plan. It appears to be just a bait and switch to me.

You need to contact customer service and have them change your payment amount.

Wasn't bait and switch, when you signed up in July the plan at that time was $30. At around the beginning of August I saw an announcement on Twitter or X that it was changed to $25. 

Again, contact them they should be able to give you the new price.

KJ7YM
Novice

How about this twist to the plot? I have two phones with them, one for me, and one for my wife. They are on separate bills. But one is now at $25, but the other is at $30.  Way Strange company.........:-)