I can receive but can not SEND any TEXT!

jakid
Novice II

Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden i stopped being able to SEND any TEXT on visible 5G network.  However, I am still receiving text.  I have tried powering the phone ON then OFF, removing and inserting the SIM card, turning on and off airplane mode.  I never once had this kind of problem when I was on their 4G network.  The message App is my default app for texting, and has all permissions.  The problem is the same over both Wi-Fi and cellular.  The phone is an: Orbic Myra UW.  Is there a problem going on with the visible network?! 

3 REPLIES 3

jakid
Novice II

[SOLVED] HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM (thank you NewOrbicMyraUser "open phone app, open drop down menu (upper right, three dots), select settings, select Assisted dialing and turn it off. Reboot phone." 😞    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/142pxx8/orbic_myra_unable_to_send_texts_work_around/

"Open phone app, open drop down menu (upper right, three dots), select settings, select Assisted dialing and turn it off. Reboot phone."

Thanks for sharing!  This worked for me also, but isn't it crazy that turning off the Assisted dialing is connected to sometimes sending messages - I mean for me, sometimes my texts would send ok & sometimes not.  Tonight it wouldn't send, so I did this & it immediately worked. So if I ever want to have the Assisted dialing feature on, I do so at a potential loss of ability to send text messages.  That sucks.