International roaming in Cayman Islands

oggman
Novice II

My android phone is currently on the Visible Network here in the United States.

Will it work in the Cayman Islands?

Thanks,

oggman

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, unfortunately the plans only allow international roaming in Canada and Mexico. Other members have mentioned to change to wi-fi calling and use that. Another option is to just get a temporary SIM card to use when you are on the Islands and use that. 

View solution in original post

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

WiFi calling should work, if your device supports and you should enable them before leaving US (Visible Network). Caveat here is that you need to be connected to WiFi there to be able to make calls, texts to US Numbers. You cannot use Visible number to call local Cayman Islands number.

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helps.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, unfortunately the plans only allow international roaming in Canada and Mexico. Other members have mentioned to change to wi-fi calling and use that. Another option is to just get a temporary SIM card to use when you are on the Islands and use that. 

Thank you.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

WiFi calling should work, if your device supports and you should enable them before leaving US (Visible Network). Caveat here is that you need to be connected to WiFi there to be able to make calls, texts to US Numbers. You cannot use Visible number to call local Cayman Islands number.

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helps.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Thank you!