Iphone 14 Pro eSIM porting issue

kootenai
Novice

After 72 hours, I am still unable to get the phone to accept the eSIM QR code.  I have been online with multiple representatives.  Some better than others.  I have no cell service, my old phone has been disabled due to porting my old number over.  This is THE most difficult transition I have ever had with a new phone and a new company.  The last representative could not explain why this won't work, and assured me that the "special teams" will email me.  And, I wait..........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kootenai
Novice

Well somehow, after dealing with downloading multiple QR codes, erasing network settings, erasing esims…..   I got a message saying they “tweaked a few things” and the phone works.  Now to see if they will honor a pro rate on the wasted time of getting the phone to work.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

KentuckySteff
Novice II

I am having the exact same issue, only it's been five days now.  At this point I want to get a new phone and turn in the old one.  There is nothing that hasn't been tried, and they refuse to send a return label or allow me to set up a call to someone that has a clue.  One agent even said that if I upgrade to a new plan, then it will work.  What a joke.  My son had no problem with his eSim.

Me too! They told me there is an issue with my account so they can't get a return label and need their team needs to work on getting it. I am honestly about to file a dispute. Every customer service advocate tells me the same thing and I've had to repeat myself multiple times. 

Me too! It's been 5 days for me as well. Haven't been able to transfer to eSIM card.  They say my account is the issue but cant fix it? So i am returning the phone, but since their is an issue in my account they aren't able to get a return label yet? It's a joke. I am thinking of disputing this. Every customer service advocate has told me do the same thing over and over and I have to repeat myself to each one. Switching phone company's. What kind of phone service doesn't have a phone system to call.  

stpete
Novice III

In the same boat. This is ridiculous. 24 hours no cell service, after I used their esim to esim transfer. Too bad. I have been w visible for 3 years and they seem to have fallen apart the last few months. I’m shopping for a new carrier today. 

linzish
Novice

In the same situation here, unfortunately. 3 days with no data service--but I can make calls. None of the live chat support can explain why it isn't working--other than saying it's not an issue with them but with the device. The only solution they offered after I've tried countless troubleshooting steps is to change my plan. I have a "call scheduled with a supervisor" but absolutely no confidence that anyone will call--much less what will they be able to do for me to resolve this issue? We are seriously considering another carrier as well. Very unfortunate that this issue is ongoing for so many people and yet unresolved.

I am now at a week with no service. Been through 10 or 11 agents and three "escalations."   I am going to change carriers at this point, but the problem is I bought my new phone from Visible and financed with Affirm.  It's going to be another cluster trying to get the phone unlocked 😞

kootenai
Novice

Well somehow, after dealing with downloading multiple QR codes, erasing network settings, erasing esims…..   I got a message saying they “tweaked a few things” and the phone works.  Now to see if they will honor a pro rate on the wasted time of getting the phone to work.