Issues with MMS messages not sending to people

blackcat8499
Novice

I been having issues since i ported my number from Google Fi to Visible and I'm unable to MMS pictures or gif to any of my contacts, i have done a factory reset, a network rest, rest Bluetooth and signal, changed out sims cards to see if it would reset. Nothing has worked, i was told that someone would follow up with me in 24hrs and it has come and passed. Im not sure what else i can do to fix this.

29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! Thanks for raising this concern. I definitely recommend reaching back out to the Care Team for an update on your case. Please reach out by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.

I have, multiple times and keep getting the same answer, wait for an email. It's been over a week and I know what needs to be done but I don't have the ability to change them myself.

lighthouse7891
Novice II

I am having the same issue not receiving pictures can anyone help with receiving MMS messages?

lbdrake18
Novice II

I am also having the same issue. I've done everything I can on my end and they keep saying it's my phone. How is it everything with the exact same phone functioned just fine with Verizon service and then I switch to Visible and MMS to Android users now doesn't function? Someone at Visible needs to fix this. Pretty sure it's the APN settings, but I can't figure out how to manually do that on my own. I guess you get what you pay for...

lbdrake18
Novice II

I am having issues with this as well. MMS can be received from Android users who send to me, but I cannot send to Android users. Everything works just fine with other iOS users whether on wifi or not. I've been a Verizon customer for years and just switched and now all of a sudden these issues happen. The support people cannot figure it out and are saying I now need to reset to factory. It's obviously not my phone if everything has worked until I switch to this service. Pretty sure I need to manually set my APN but I can't figure out how to do that. I guess you really do get what you pay for...very frustrated with the amount of time I've spent "chatting" with support folks who cannot fix the issue repeatedly. 

Bugaboo
Novice II

I'm having the same issue with Samsung S20 Ultra that I bought through Visible.  MMS messages don't work in 2 messaging apps 

Update:  Oops, it's a new Samsung S22 Ultra.  I chatted with Visible customer support,  tried a lot of things,  then had to do a clean install (which wasn't too hard because everything was still on my old Samsung Note 10 plus which I'd transferred from the day before).  

It works fine,  now.

Try downloading the Verizon messages plus app that should resolve the problem your gonna be able to receive MMS over Wi-Fi 

wcshort22
Novice II

I am having the same exact issue. I recently switched over to visible over the weekend and I cannot send or receive MMS messages. The online support is absolutely awful and cannot fix anything. They escalated my case and it took 36 hours for someone to call me back. They could not fix anything so they escalated it further. That guy emailed me approximately 8 hours later and said that my issue was fixed and to restart my phone and everything should be working. It was not. There is no way to directly contact that person again. I contacted support again and they had me re-download the eSim again for like the 4th time. That did not fix it (even though they swear up and down that should resolve the issue). They have escalated the case again and still haven't heard anything. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm coming from Verizon so this shouldn't be an issue. I've been through all of the steps including altering the APN settings. 

What phone are you using?

Galaxy Z Fold 3. Verizon version. I also tried using the Verizon messages app and that still didn't work. 

Try adding these 3 apn settings 

APN 1 (make sure this is selected)

Name: Visible

APN: vzwinternet

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 311

MNC: 480

APN type: default,dun,supl

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN 2

Name: Verizon CBS

APN: VZWAPP

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

APN type: cbs,MMS

APN 3

Name: Verizon FOTA

APN: VZWADMIN

APN type: fota

This might help fix the problem, please note that sometimes the apn settings is grayed out and you won't be able to change it 

I had tried those settings previously and didn't work but I tried them again and still no dice. They finally emailed me back last night after over 12 hours and told me it would be another 24 to 48 hours when they got back to me. Honestly this is the worst customer service I've ever seen.

I am having MMS issues from my switchover since August 19th and they can't fix it. I had to input the APN just to get my data service working.

I am having issues sending or receiving mms messages since August 19th. When I first switch to a new plan I had no data whatsoever and the new activate sim did not populate the APN and I had to enter it in manually.

Later I found that I was not receiving the photos when someone sent them through text. Still waiting for someone to fix this and it is being escalated a 2nd time. 

I have a pixel 3a, would these also work for me?

You could try, but pixel is more tricky I'm not sure if it's going to work 

TheCellTower's method actually worked for me after countless hours of customer service back and forth. Don't forget to power off your phone for 30+ seconds and power back on for it to function. 

It's a new Samsung S22 Ultra.  I chatted with Visible customer support,  tried a lot of things,  then had to do a clean install (which wasn't too hard because everything was still on my old Samsung Note 10 plus which I'd transferred from the day before).  

Robpaartain
Novice

I have an iPhone 11 that worked GREAT before switching from Charter Spectrum to Visibleโ€ฆ. Now no MMSโ€ฆ. Spent three hours on the Chat to no availโ€ฆ. We switched since Spectrum did not have voice mailโ€ฆ.what a mistakeโ€ฆ. Threee downloads of eSIMโ€ฆ.reset everything except a factory resetโ€ฆ.  No way to get in to see the APN or other settings as far as I can seeโ€ฆ. Rather have no voice mail than no MMSโ€ฆ. Anyone know how to fix ???? 

I called Apple support and they were able to fix this for me. They had me reset all my settings and it magically worked after that.

wcshort22
Novice II

Everyone do yourself a favor and switch from Visible right now if you do not have MMS messaging. This is the sorriest excuse for a phone company I have ever experienced. I signed up for their service 8 days ago and originally had no service whatsoever. After doing my own research, I was able to get talk, text, and data, but no MMS messaging. After 8 days they still could not figure out the issue. I have probably wasted 18 hours of my own time trying to get this fixed. I've submitted probably a dozen tickets. Their customer service is completely incompetent. The only way to contact them is through their online chat and all they can do is submit a ticket. Every time you submit a ticket, it takes 24 to 48 hours for someone to get back to you. When they get back to you, it is a one-sided email that you cannot respond to. They tell you everything is fixed and you just need to reboot your phone and it should work. That was a lie every single time. When I would chat back in, I would go right to the end of the line and have to wait another 24 to 48 hours. After 8 days of doing this, I finally forced one of their online chat agents to stay connected to me until someone called me back. This was after 3 days after putting in a call request and not hearing back from anyone. Someone finally called me back and said they would submit another ticket. Shocker. Someone called me back later in the day and said that my phone was incompatible with the network. It was their own website that told me that my phone was compatible. He said that sometimes that their compatibility checker is wrong and my phone should be compatible "soon". He then had the audacity to tell me that they were not going to refund my money from where I signed up for service. I have never experienced worse customer service in my entire life. Do yourself a favor and leave this company and never turn back. I have a Galaxy Fold 3 btw. 

klund
Novice

I would echo the comments above. I should not have to be a cell phone programmer to get text messages to work. I have had Visible service since August and receive texts intermittently and then need to power my phone off and back on and then receive large batches of them. The first time I contacted customer support they told me some rediculous power the phone off and airplane mode "fix" method. Clearly not a fix. I am done with this service as they are not worth the savings or the headache.

gare
Novice II

Same exact problem, Iphone 8, no prob using WhatsApp or send imessages but SMS has some failures, MMS always fails.

rwaz6141
Novice

Same issues here.MMS old technology relies on cellular data.so unless you have a few bars coverage the pics won't go thru. Some carriers limit the size of the item as well. I am in a fringe area, and usually will go out in the yard, to get a clearer signal to send the message.also try and resize the original image making it easier to send.

Verizon message plus I have been using for years is not much help, again you need strong cellular signal.

rwaz6141
Novice

One more item, there is a app, in the play store,(full of ads though) which let's you resize the picture size to your liking making it easier to send.

rwaz6141
Novice

Visable,is a cheap alternative to Verizon, but also IS, verizon.as far as MMS,,just use Google Messaging and enable RCS. it will send your texts using WI FI. Instead of just cellular data

that only works of the other user has RCS enabled and that does not help when you are not on WI FI

julssmart
Novice

I have chatted with them 4 times. First 2 I got disconnected when trying to reset things, the third I was told to restart my phone in 30 minutes and try again.... The 4th time they told me that Apple needs to fix it and to contact them and that they are going to have a fix by November.... 9 months?! No, it's definitely a settings issue. The thing that is happening in 9 months is that "Apple has confirmed that RCS (Rich Communication Services) on iPhone is coming".

That is not a fix for the current issue, rather an improvement to make texting more seamless between non-Apple devices. After resetting ALL phone settings it is FINALLY working.