Jetpack MiFi 7730L

Shaggy
Novice

Unfortunately we live in no man’s land and need internet / cellphone coverage. Att works everywhere here really well, Verizon not so much unless you are near the interstate. 

I would like to use this hotspot for internet access via visible so I don’t have to tie up my iPhone as a hotspot on visible.

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/verizon-jetpack-mifi-7730l

Will this item work on visible and has anyone actually used it themselves? My only other option is DSL for $60 a month and it’s capped at 5mbps. Why pay $60 when I can pay $30! Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if it will work or not. 

But, I am going to point out that depending on how much network or cell traffic there is in your area you might see slower speeds than what you have on DLS when it is congested due to Visible being deprioritized by Verizon. I live in a rural area and towers are far between and in the past I have saw my speeds as low or lower than 1mbps during mid afternoon to evening. But, the last few weeks I have saw my speeds on my phone around 10mbps during the day and close to 20 late night. Now, hotspot was never capped in the past and late night on my laptop I would have 10+ on it with the phone pulling in over 20mbps. Also, in the last few weeks my hotspot has been stuck around 5mbps so apparently they have capped it already since the $30 will be capped at that speed. 

Are you keeping the iPhone on another plan? Not sure but don't think you can get a cloned SIM if your iPhone is also on Visible unless you are setting up a different account for the hotspot device. Either way it would be my suggestion to get one of the super cheap phones on Visible(make sure it is hotspot capable) and use that for a hotspot device instead then you know it will work. 

Last thing to point out is if you are not a customer already the customer service is real bad. I put up with it because of the low cost plan. I have been fortunate that I have only had to contact them about 5 times in the last 15 months I have been here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if it will work or not. 

But, I am going to point out that depending on how much network or cell traffic there is in your area you might see slower speeds than what you have on DLS when it is congested due to Visible being deprioritized by Verizon. I live in a rural area and towers are far between and in the past I have saw my speeds as low or lower than 1mbps during mid afternoon to evening. But, the last few weeks I have saw my speeds on my phone around 10mbps during the day and close to 20 late night. Now, hotspot was never capped in the past and late night on my laptop I would have 10+ on it with the phone pulling in over 20mbps. Also, in the last few weeks my hotspot has been stuck around 5mbps so apparently they have capped it already since the $30 will be capped at that speed. 

Are you keeping the iPhone on another plan? Not sure but don't think you can get a cloned SIM if your iPhone is also on Visible unless you are setting up a different account for the hotspot device. Either way it would be my suggestion to get one of the super cheap phones on Visible(make sure it is hotspot capable) and use that for a hotspot device instead then you know it will work. 

Last thing to point out is if you are not a customer already the customer service is real bad. I put up with it because of the low cost plan. I have been fortunate that I have only had to contact them about 5 times in the last 15 months I have been here.

I was using the iPhone only to tether/hotspot my other devices via visible. A hotspot would free up my iPhone to be used as a actual phone 🙂