Lying to upsale

Mastersaygo
Novice

Visible says I am required to upgrade. When I enter the EM # it says the phone is incompatible. That's a lie. I'm presently using this phone and it works fine. Is a newer pixel with 5g compatibility. I have enter the EM # of 2 other peoples who are part of our party plan. It says their incompatible as well. Again a lie. Word to Visible. STOP LYING TO MAKE SALES. It will only lead to the failure of your company.

If your requiring us to upgrade, that's fine. But if you insist I buy or trade existing working phone. Then all 5 people on our party plan will simply go with another carrier. Your loss not ours.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the model of the phone? 

Pixel 4a 5g

Johnetx
Novice II

I get the same message about my 2020 Moto G power not being compatible.  It uses Android 11, 4G LTE, and it's been working fine on visible Network for a couple of years now. And yet they say that vastly inferior Moto G pure is compatible, when it has the same Android version and same network capabilities. I'm just not buying it either.

My Pixel is on Android 13

jihuie56
Novice II

Is your phone unlocked for use on any carrier?

Yes my phone is unlocked, in fact prior to using my Moto G Power on Visible I had been using the phone on Republic wireless, which uses T-Mobile's Network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Motorola G Power 2021 that I bought from Visible in July of 2021 when I joined and when the new plans came out last fall and said we needed to upgrade even mine showed not compatible. I bought a used 2022 model that was sold by Visible in 2022 and the IMEI number was good. A month ago those of us that were/are still on the old plan were given the $5 for the basic plan as a valued member discount. I got a card with the new phones IMEI number. Decided when it showed up to put it in the 2021 model that was not compatible and successfully activated it. There are ways around the IMEI checker since it isn't up to date and you can get a card but it is not guaranteed that you will be successful. In the terms of service Visible says they need to approve the device and how else to do that besides selling you a new phone. 

I am trying to get Visible to upgrade the IMEI database to reflect more devices be compatible. I don't see an update coming to the database anytime in the near future but hopefully someone looks into it. Also, I even asked customer service last fall after the new plans comes out what makes my phone not compatible and I couldn't get a specific answer other than my phone didn't have the right technology whatever that meant.

Not sure why but if you own an iPhone that is less than six years old and getting updates still the checker bypasses the IMEI number. So it seems Visible is more iPhone friendly versus Android.

Mastersaygo
Novice

If your phone is unlocked and is NOT a phone used on sprint network. AND is no more than 2 years old. IT WILL WORK WITH VISABLE. The IMEI is only needed to identify what capabilities the phone has. The only reason to do a plan upgrade is for ultra wide 5G. I have taken the sim card I have and put it into 47 different phone. All were unlocked. All were from different carriers. They all had 4g and 27 had 5g. When the phones were then turned on. They fully worked, including 5g for those that had that. My daily phone now is a Pixel4a 5g. It is not a visible phone. My Visible phone was a Moto. And the battery exploded. So got this from a friend and now use it. My suggestion to people. If visible refuses to send you a new sim card. Then just do a lost/stolen card. They will send you a phone replacement. If it is same phone as you had. Then no cost. Then just take out the sim and put in the phone your using. This is what 2 people on my party plan have done, when told their phones were incompatible. And their having no issues. You only need a new phone if you want the ultra wide 5g. I'm quite happy with 4g for most situation. Only need 5g for streaming 4k movies.