Mobile hotspot usage

RogerBarnett
Novice

I'm a photographer and often need lots of fastish access via a mobile hotspot... using my laptop to upload large files.

I've  had to upgrade my VZ W'less plan twice due to throttling. My question is simple:  Does visible start throttling after a certain amount of hotspot usage or not?

If I can get assurance that the service will be acceptably good, I'll prolly switch, even though VZ is the only provider I've ever had.

One further question. If I'm in Canada or Mx, is there any fee to have service and data? Vz charges $5 per day.. though that might be provided with their best plan which is what I now have (At $70/mo, twice visible)

How about customer service. How easy is it to reach support, preferably a live agent? With my prepaid Vz plan, it ain't what it used to be.....

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Visible does not throttle data/hotspot usage after a certain amount is used, it is totally unlimited. With that said, Visible does limit your hotspot speed to 5Mbps and to one device(exception is some android phones circumvent this).

For use in Canada you need the Visible+ plan, you need to read it's terms though, I believe data allowance while roaming in Canada is something like 500MB per day.

Customer service is strictly done through chat, Facebook Messenger, X or Twitter, on their Reddit page, and I believe Instagram, on chat it start out with a bot but you have to ask for a live agent, messaging them on the other platforms gets you a live agent. There is no phone number to call to talk to a live agent.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Visible does not throttle data/hotspot usage after a certain amount is used, it is totally unlimited. With that said, Visible does limit your hotspot speed to 5Mbps and to one device(exception is some android phones circumvent this).

For use in Canada you need the Visible+ plan, you need to read it's terms though, I believe data allowance while roaming in Canada is something like 500MB per day.

Customer service is strictly done through chat, Facebook Messenger, X or Twitter, on their Reddit page, and I believe Instagram, on chat it start out with a bot but you have to ask for a live agent, messaging them on the other platforms gets you a live agent. There is no phone number to call to talk to a live agent.