Moto G Stylus 5G 2021 256GB (Unlocked) Model:PAN00004US

gangaram56
Novice

I am planning to buy Moto G Stylus (2021)5G 256GB (Unlocked) Model:PAN00004US.

Was wondering if it will work on visible. Does anyone use this phone on Visible? 

5 REPLIES 5

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

If nobody responds, one way to know would be to get an IMEI number from a same brand phone and use the compatibility checker to see the response.

https://www.visible.com/shop/compatibility

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

motogstylus5g
Novice

Have a Moto G Stylus 5G (2021) 6/256GB PAN00005US on the $40 plan.  It was getting on 5G before the Android 12 update in July 2022.  Since the update only LTE.   The IMEI is the only sure way to tell.  Chat with customer support says they are still working on it for this model, so am not able to change to new $30 plan until then.  Moto G Stylus 5G 2022 appears compatible and adds NFC. Model sold by visible is 6/128GB - may find the 256GB elsewhere for less.  If shopping elsewhere make sure the result still includes 5g and 2022

That's why they do it they wanna make money 

Skip the 2022. I bought one unlocked from Best Buy and it's not compatible. Verified with Visible Chat. Says it may become compatible but nno idea when. Researching issue, it's likely more a "whitelisting" issue than actual specs. Visible apparently has stricter whitelisting than it's provider Verizon. Fristrating.

Advise against 2022. I bought it from Best Buy, unlocked, expecting to use it to switch to Visible. Incompatible (verified by chat). When I've tried to research why this might be, I came across the term "whitelist". Some carriers restrict the list of phones they'll allow on their service regardless of specs. Verizon does this, and apparently Visible (which uses Verizon network) has an even stricter whitelist, only a portion of the phones Verizon allows. Frustrating. Very frustrating. Wish I'd known about this before buying. Don't make assumptions. Only safe bet is to actually submit the IMEI to Visible before purchase. It's not hard because IMEI is usually printed on the outside of the box.