Need Help, service transfer nightmare for iphone 13 to 14 (no service for 6 days)

wevudo
Novice II

I've been a happy visible customer since i purchased an iphone 13 from them last year. I got an iphone 14 I wanted to transfer service to. Well long story short, I've chatted with literally over 15 agents, had 2 escalations, and couldn't get service to work after trying to get the esim to transfer service. We even tried activating the service on the iphone 13 again but now that won't work either. I've been without service for 7 days tomorrow. I even did a factory reset on the device and it didn't help either along with all the other attempted fixes from support. I chatted with twitter visible support but they have stopped replying to my messages.

I had to contact apple support after an agent thought I might have a stolen iphone or a not for US iphone. Apple support assured me my iphone was unlocked, new and made for the US market.

So after not getting the esim set up I decided to get a sim mailed to me and use a physical sim on the 13 and return the 14. After waiting a few days for the sim to arrive, Now the same thing is happening with the physical sim. Phone will work most of the time but mms/data wont work. I keep getting a message that the phone is not active and to contact the carrier. It's been obviously frustrating and I've been patient, given that the good value for service. I'm just at a loss and ready to throw in the towel on visible and move onto another carrier, just to have service. I haven't been able to see text messages for almost a week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, solution has been found! You were right about needing to upgrade to a new visible plan. I was doubtful but tried it anyway. Had to get on an E-Sim, then get the new plan, then activate it. I did need to talk to chat to help as it got caught up but I was amazed to see it worked like it was supposed to. I am also totally surprised that none of the 25 ish chat associates I talked to didn't know about this, I would think many other people would have this issue or will have it very soon.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Unknown_Finding
Novice III

Hello,

Just need a few details. Do you currently see the esim profile in your cellular data? 

Does it currently state you have no signal? Or does it show bars but you canโ€™t make or receive phone calls or texts?

So the esims have all been deleted as I have a physical sim now. I currently have phone but no data/mms. There are 4 bars but it has never shown 4/5G or LTE. Also it keeps telling me the sim is not activated. The case was escalated and the email came back and said to do network reset and restart the phone???????????????????????? Like I haven't done this about 30 times now, I told them I'd pay for a more expensive plan if necessary, I have a sick kid at home I'd like to be able to easily get a hold of, they are having to call my work line to contact me.

The other option that escalation had was to get a new phone to activate the sim with. I put it into 2 other phones and neither activated the sim. I have 2 perfect working unlocked iphones (1 is brand new) that can't be activated. One of the agents on chat said that they have a huge backlog of iphones that are having issues getting connected and implied that they are not close to finding an answer. Is there an issue with visible wireless? Are other people able to activate iphone 14's?

Hello, 

I have experienced similar issues myself when I activated my new iPhone 13. What I advise is remove the physical SIM card and remove any current esim profiles. Then perform a network reset by going to, settings>general>reset>network. After your phone reboots, login to the Visible app while connected to Wi-Fi. Start the esim process. Do not leave the app while the esim setup is in progress. It may appear stuck at sometimes but truly it just takes awhile sometimes. It could even take longer than 10 minutes. Just leave your phone unlocked and open and do not leave the screen till itโ€™s finished. After the esim profile has finished, restart your phone. When your phone has restarted go into cellular settings and ensure that you have your esim settings set to use that โ€œlineโ€. If youโ€™re still experiencing data issues, contact Visible via chat and tell them you need them to โ€œrefresh your networkโ€. This will more often than not fix the data connectivity issues. The chat agent can do this without escalating. 

I did that and more about 15 times. Now the phone is saying that I need to contact carrier and the service is not activated. I got tired of trying the esim so I ordered a physical sim, thinking it would work. Now they don't know what to do.

Is it because I'm on the old visible plan, do I need to update to the new one? I'm willing to pay for the top of the line plan, I just want some service and be done with this. I'm spending literally 3-5 hours a day, probably 20 hours total trying to get cell service.

Hello,

If you purchased a new device then the new device wouldnโ€™t be eligible for the legacy plan. I would upgrade to the new visible or visible + plan that fits your needs. After you upgrade to the new plan install the new esim.

OK, solution has been found! You were right about needing to upgrade to a new visible plan. I was doubtful but tried it anyway. Had to get on an E-Sim, then get the new plan, then activate it. I did need to talk to chat to help as it got caught up but I was amazed to see it worked like it was supposed to. I am also totally surprised that none of the 25 ish chat associates I talked to didn't know about this, I would think many other people would have this issue or will have it very soon.

Hello,

Well Iโ€™m glad it has worked! 

wevudo
Novice II

I have a new part time job chatting with visible agents. Though they are nice, they seem incapable of helping me. Twitter support replies occasionally, then won't reply for days, and escalation tells me to do the same thing the agents have done. If you guys were in my position would you just transfer service.

Hello,

I am a customer myself and definitely know exactly what you are talking about. Customer service is often scripted responses so itโ€™s better to tell them how to fix the issues than relying on them to figure it out unfortunately. I hope your issue has been resolved.

wlamia
Novice

This may help other people having trouble with MMS messaging on iPhones. After multiple long chat sessions with Visible, we determined that the problem was in the iPhone settings not the Visible network settings. Just before resorting to a complete factory refresh, I tried Resetting All Settings which only took about 10 minutes and solved the problem. There are hidden settings in iPhones that are not accessible in the UI but resetting everything clears them. The recommended Reset Network Settings DOES NOT work to fix the problem.

To try this, first check for iOS updates, then DO AN ICLOUD BACKUP!!

Then Settings>General>Transfer or Reset>Reset>Reset All Settings

This is for iOS 16.6, the prompts for other versions may be slightly different. Be patient, it may take a while to restart. You will lose some non-default UI settings, and all of the stored WiFi passwords, so write down anything important before doing this procedure.