New basic plan

Terry39
Novice II

I am currently on visible $40/month plan using samsung s215g phone.  When trying to switch to new $30/month basic plan, visible says the same phone is not compatible.  Anyone know why?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good Thursday morning skibik..

I want to thank you for taking your time to respond to me on this matter.  I'm 76 years old and don't understand much about all the technology dealing with cell phones.   After many attempts and finally reach a "live agent" I have a hard time understanding all the instructions before being timed out.  I do understand what you and BobT are saying and want to again thank you both.

Have a great week!

Terry

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

On seeing your post, I just moved my upgraded SIM to my S215G with no problems and it's working for phone, text and data just fine. I've seen similar reports like yours for the S21+ 5G as well as the S21 Ultra 5G.

I suspect Visible's compatibility data base is not accurate.

I suspect it's also probably related to the issue I had in trying to upgrade my S215G - the order was never fulfilled and the SIM was never shipped. I wound up getting a SIM kit at best buy and established a new Account using my A425G - I was going to move it to my S215G on Friday when the old $40 plan came due but your post moved that up for me.

Unfortunately, probably time to jump into the Chat queue... good luck and patience.

Thank you for your response.  I will try to be patient. 

Have a good week.

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with my Moto G Play(2021) that I bought from Visible last year. I just spent 45 minutes waiting on Sunday in chat, another 20+ minutes asking a few questions and I was told my phone doesn't have the correct technology what ever that meant. I sent DM's on Facebook and Twitter last week and finally after 5 days I got a reply on Twitter and even had them messaging me back on replies instantly. Here is a response I got about my device: Many devices which were originally compatible with the old plan are no longer compatible with our new plans dues to the many changes that took place in the back-end, meaning network improvements and different updates from our engineers. The reason for this compatibility issue is that some features on our SIMs may not be supported by all devices, thus why it might take a little longer for our teams to ensure that each device is compatible. 

I don't know if this answers your question. I was also told that when you order the new sim and change plans service will be stopped until new card is activated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

See the thread above this one. I posted some responses from Twitter and Facebook Messenger about this. Here is the link https://community.visible.com/t5/Need-help/An-update-on-phone-compatibility/td-p/27975

I will also mention they were going to send me a new sim card now but they didn't tell me if it would work in my phone now and if that was the case I would be without a phone until I could get a new phone that does work. I can't believe it takes so long to add phones to the new list.

Good Thursday morning skibik..

I want to thank you for taking your time to respond to me on this matter.  I'm 76 years old and don't understand much about all the technology dealing with cell phones.   After many attempts and finally reach a "live agent" I have a hard time understanding all the instructions before being timed out.  I do understand what you and BobT are saying and want to again thank you both.

Have a great week!

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome!

I'm 58 years old and even I don't understand the technology either.

I got further responses from my Facebook Messages I sent but they were similar answers to what I already had. They had no time frame on when this issue would be fixed and if our phones would ever be compatible. I also asked if they had a deadline for when we needed to switch to one of the new plans and they had no idea yet when that would be.

I think it is a ploy for them to get us to buy a new phone from them but I'm not going that route, I have another plan myself. If what Bob is saying your phone should work but he activated his sim card in another phone and transferred it but I don't have that option myself owning only one phone.

By contacting them through the support they can send out a new sim card without going through the website or app but the bad thing is he said they stop service once they send the new card out and it is activated. Not sure you want to go that route and see if your phone will activate it or not is up to you. You would be without service if you can't get it activated.

Good luck and you have a good week also. 

I joined visible about 18 months ago and just finished activating my new sim.  I’m still using the same phone, and once I got the sim into the phone, I was without service for under 5 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is odd since support said I would lose service until the new card came.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop.  Several weeks ago, when I started trying to switch to the new basic plan and after many many chats I was switched to eSim and told to take out my physical Sim card, which I removed, because I could not have two activations at same time.   The new eSim they activated works good on the $40/month plan, same s215g phone , but is not compatible with the new basic plan.

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes no sense that they sent you an eSim and it works now but not on the new plan. I would have thought then sending a new Sim it would be for the new plan. If it helps so you don't have to wait in chat for support, if you have a Facebook or Twitter account you can send a message. I am already on Facebook but also signed up for Twitter just to message them but as mentioned it took 5 days to get a response. A little less painful than waiting on chat for an hour for them to fix your issue. 

Time will tell if the phone will be compatible, like I mentioned they are supposedly working on it but will they have them added in time. They had no time frame on how long it would take to get these older phones approved. This just my opinion  but I think it is a ploy to get us to buy a new phone from them. I have now bought one that will work with the new plan for half the cost of what Visible is selling it for and the IEMI number says it will work with the new plan so I am set now myself. I am not changing plans until December or even January, depending on when they say we have to change, because I am on Party Pay. If I change now it will add $5 a month to my bill, I would rather have the money in my pocket than theirs.

Good luck with you issue and hope you get it fixed. 

I am still using old phone while waiting for new SIM from Friday over weekend via FedEx tracking scheduled Monday and I hope to signature release on the FedEx app I signed up for prior. Here because I have question about preserving text message history, contacts, and apps during the SIM switch. Searched internet tech advice generally. Seems like I have to do some Google settings storage, but I feel too vague. No forum here addressing.