No Group Text Messages

cieglo
Novice II

None of my group texts are working.  Every message I send in a group text gets me this reply: "Message not sent: invalid destination address"  When I got someone from Visible on chat to help they said I have to talk to Google (using Google messenger).  Not receiving any group messages either. None.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cieglo
Novice II

Just had this conversation with Visible:

Hey I'm Elizabeth! Thanks for chatting with Visible today. I see you are chatting in about working service. I would be glad to assist you today.

Yesterday after much troubleshooting my phone wasn't working. Mostly related to text message issues. You told me my phone was incompatible with Visible. And I was getting ready to switch back to Verizon. There were issues with that on Verizon's side, so that has not happened yet. Today, all of a sudden, all the functions are working. What happened? Can I expect continued functionality? Or will my phone's alleged incompatibility result in further issues in the future?

V: Great question, we are compatible to pixel 6 series so it will continue to work.

Me: yesterday I was told that my google pixel 6 pro was not compatible and thats why I was having issues - I could not group chat and could not receive messages from authentication services

V: We accept Google Pixel 6 Pro we even sale it on our website/app.
The service features was just syncing slow and it shows all service features works now.
So you will sill have services with us with no issues.

Me: I concur with that statement. I am just trying to figure out why A: things were not working yesterday - OK, I see you message - is that a frequent issue? syncing slow? Issue B: Why was I told my phone was incmpatible?
Why wasn't I told yesterday there was just a slow syncing issue?

V: It all depends on your wifi connection for the eSIM if all the service features is syncing all at once and sorry for the ack of information that agents provided to you but it's compatible and now you have service.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

cieglo
Novice II

update: if you are okay with 4 hour delays in messaging...all is working well.  Ha. been on help chat for second time. tried reinstalling eSIM, rebooting, wiping out my networks, airplane modes...no love yet.  But yeah, group chats and txt 2-factor verification texts are working with a 30min-4hr delay. maybe longer, hard to tell exactly.

cieglo
Novice II

Just got this message "So the reason this eSIM isn't working is because this device is unfortunately coming up as incompatible as of now. Some devices can be incompatible based on the specific serial number on the device and where they are purchased from. I'm very sorry about that inconvenience"

No. reloading my eSIM did NOT solve the problem.  See my follow-up message below.  I would have jumped back to Verizon yesterday by the big V had tech issues and couldn't make it happen.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Interesting, did the group text ever work?

Thanks for following up and updating the thread. Helps build the collective knowledge base. 

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

If it worked yesterday and not today I suspect something on Visibles end blocked thee phone again this is rediculous.  This shouldn't happen.  You don't have this issue with other Carriers such as  Cricket.

cieglo
Novice II

Just had this conversation with Visible:

Hey I'm Elizabeth! Thanks for chatting with Visible today. I see you are chatting in about working service. I would be glad to assist you today.

Yesterday after much troubleshooting my phone wasn't working. Mostly related to text message issues. You told me my phone was incompatible with Visible. And I was getting ready to switch back to Verizon. There were issues with that on Verizon's side, so that has not happened yet. Today, all of a sudden, all the functions are working. What happened? Can I expect continued functionality? Or will my phone's alleged incompatibility result in further issues in the future?

V: Great question, we are compatible to pixel 6 series so it will continue to work.

Me: yesterday I was told that my google pixel 6 pro was not compatible and thats why I was having issues - I could not group chat and could not receive messages from authentication services

V: We accept Google Pixel 6 Pro we even sale it on our website/app.
The service features was just syncing slow and it shows all service features works now.
So you will sill have services with us with no issues.

Me: I concur with that statement. I am just trying to figure out why A: things were not working yesterday - OK, I see you message - is that a frequent issue? syncing slow? Issue B: Why was I told my phone was incmpatible?
Why wasn't I told yesterday there was just a slow syncing issue?

V: It all depends on your wifi connection for the eSIM if all the service features is syncing all at once and sorry for the ack of information that agents provided to you but it's compatible and now you have service.

Rebecca
Novice

I have been having this same issue all day waited a long time to chat with customer support then my visible app froze and stopped working. Can't wait for my phone to be unlocked so I can switch providers. This network is joke.

Rebecca
Novice

I have been having this same issue all day. I waited for ever to chat with a customer support person then the app froze and the conversation ended with no resolution. I can't wait until my device is unlocked and I can change providers. Visible is a joke

abdulpat
Novice

A problem with the group thread or the recipients' contact information may cause this issue. To resolve this, you can try the following steps:

1. Verify that all recipients use the same messaging app and have installed the latest version.
  2. Check that the group thread has not been deleted or archived.
  3. Ensure the recipients' phone numbers or email addresses in the group thread are entered correctly.
  4. Try leaving and re-adding the recipients to the group thread.
  5. If the problem persists, disable and re-enable the messaging app or clear its cache and data. If none of these steps work, you can contact the customer service of the messaging app or your carrier for further assistance.