No Text on Wifi

Bubly-Ben
Novice II

This forum will not let me post my message - it keeps saying duplicated message detected, but my message has never went through - so how can there be a duplicate??? weird.

Anyway, my phone cannot send texts from wifi at home.  FYI, I don't have a cell signal at home, so does anybody know if you are required to have a cell signal ALL THE TIME?  This wasn't true with my previous phone (4G)..  This new phone is a 5G Android.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bubly-Ben
Novice II

I solved the problem.  It was my texting app.  I was using the default Google texting app, and I just had to switch to a very simple texting app.  Explanation:  Google texting app requires the phone to have a location in order to send a text.  Because my home does not have a cell signal, I can only use wifi calling or texting from Visible.  For some reason, I could not get a sufficient GPS location based on wifi, Google would not send my message until I drove down the street and got a cell signal - pretty ridiculous eh?  My last comment is - I think its also ridiculous that Google wants to store a location for every text message anyway.  BTW, for those thinking this is a requirement by law, NO WAY.  This is Google trying to gather your info so they can sell it.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Have you ran the IMEI checker?

https://www.visible.com/shop/compatibility

Bubly-Ben
Novice II

no, because I got the phone from Visible - they told me to upgrade - this is a Orbic Myra 5G

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there has been a general problem texting with that phone and not just on wi-fi.

Bubly-Ben
Novice II

I solved the problem.  It was my texting app.  I was using the default Google texting app, and I just had to switch to a very simple texting app.  Explanation:  Google texting app requires the phone to have a location in order to send a text.  Because my home does not have a cell signal, I can only use wifi calling or texting from Visible.  For some reason, I could not get a sufficient GPS location based on wifi, Google would not send my message until I drove down the street and got a cell signal - pretty ridiculous eh?  My last comment is - I think its also ridiculous that Google wants to store a location for every text message anyway.  BTW, for those thinking this is a requirement by law, NO WAY.  This is Google trying to gather your info so they can sell it.  Thanks.