No cell service on iPhone 14 Pro Max

ckreatures
Novice

Went through the normal Visible process. Ordered my phone and plan. Received phone, downloaded app, etc, got to the point where I could replace my new visible number with my previous number (through AT&T). Followed all the steps and was told that my number had been successfully ported over, at which point both my old phone (iPhone ๐Ÿ˜Ž and new phone (iphone 14) lost cell service. 

In my new phone, under cellular, I realized the esim was still tied to my old Visible number. So I cleared that one out... but am unable to. 

I get this error message:

Transfer SIM

This phone number can't be transferred because the number is not allowed by your carrier. Contact your carrier to unlock this device. 

Then below that, it should my number as "primary" on my old phone. 

Please! Any help would be so appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckreatures
Novice

SOLVED:

If you are having issues with porting an old number (physical sim) to a new phone with an eSIM, I have the solution to your problem. In fact, this solution is so amazing I'm gonna guess it will solve any of your Visible activation issues. 

Are you ready to learn the solution?

First you must wake up early and get into the Visible support chat line. It'll probably take about two hours. Be sure to watch it so that you don't disconnect or anything. I suggest keeping two tabs open, each logged into visible, and refresh them every once in a while. Eventually, it'll tell you you're 50th in line! Wait for that number to go down with bated breath. 

The reps are friendly and knowledgeable and can actually help you. Most likely, they will ask you for your IMEI number. Give it to them. They will then input that number into a system somewhere and basically "turn it off and back on again." You'll be asked to access the Visible app (try closing and re-opening it if there's an issue) and you'll be at the "pick up where you left off" screen. Press the "continue" buttons. When it's all done, restart your phone. And I bet now it works! 

Props to Enrique who was super responsive and took me through the process. 

@Visible.... something in your port process is not working without involvement from a representative and the wait times are super long!! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ckreatures
Novice

SOLVED:

If you are having issues with porting an old number (physical sim) to a new phone with an eSIM, I have the solution to your problem. In fact, this solution is so amazing I'm gonna guess it will solve any of your Visible activation issues. 

Are you ready to learn the solution?

First you must wake up early and get into the Visible support chat line. It'll probably take about two hours. Be sure to watch it so that you don't disconnect or anything. I suggest keeping two tabs open, each logged into visible, and refresh them every once in a while. Eventually, it'll tell you you're 50th in line! Wait for that number to go down with bated breath. 

The reps are friendly and knowledgeable and can actually help you. Most likely, they will ask you for your IMEI number. Give it to them. They will then input that number into a system somewhere and basically "turn it off and back on again." You'll be asked to access the Visible app (try closing and re-opening it if there's an issue) and you'll be at the "pick up where you left off" screen. Press the "continue" buttons. When it's all done, restart your phone. And I bet now it works! 

Props to Enrique who was super responsive and took me through the process. 

@Visible.... something in your port process is not working without involvement from a representative and the wait times are super long!! 

2 hour wait times are totally unacceptable! 2 minutes is barely ok.

This can't be real.

The secret is to pick a time of day when support lines are not usually busy. For example, you donโ€™t have to work today, and everyone else is working, freeing up the lines. You will want to use that opportunity to hop in the chat line, and pray for a low wait time.