No charger?

Nik_88
Novice

Just got my phone and there's no wall plug for the charger and the cord is double sided usb. Is this normal?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jonathan
Novice III

Sadly, yes. Almost all new phones only come with the charging cable and not the adapter, or as you call it, the wall plug for charging. Most cell manufacturers claim we have extras lying around, in reality, it saves them money on packaging and not having to add in the adapter itself.

View solution in original post

WenChriste
Novice III

Yup. That's the case. I buy a small bundle from Amazon or wherever. They usually aren't too expensive and work fine. I've had the same iPhone and adapters for a few years. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan
Novice III

Sadly, yes. Almost all new phones only come with the charging cable and not the adapter, or as you call it, the wall plug for charging. Most cell manufacturers claim we have extras lying around, in reality, it saves them money on packaging and not having to add in the adapter itself.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

What Johnathan said holds true, I believe apple started with this about a year or so ago, if I remember correctly it was part of one of their announcements of a new iPhone.  Other manufactures quickly followed.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

WenChriste
Novice III

Yup. That's the case. I buy a small bundle from Amazon or wherever. They usually aren't too expensive and work fine. I've had the same iPhone and adapters for a few years.