No referral/friend codes do not work

Grimzecho
Novice

I am trying to activate new service using the Visible app on my Samgung phone (eSim) activation. Every time I try and apply a Promo/Friend code I get the error "Code XXXXXXX is not valid or has expired".

This occurs for EVERY code (I've tried over 25). It even fails on codes that I used within 5 minutes of them being posted on the community forum (so I know that the code has not been used more than 12 times).

Customer support refuses to help or investigate unless I can provide the email address associated with the referral code (which obviously will not be posted publicly).

It seems like these referral codes are a big bait-and-switch on the part of Visible. Neither the person providing the code nor the person activating a new account is getting the promised discount. 

3 REPLIES 3

Grimzecho
Novice

They just started working again. Not sure what changed.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

What time frame where you trying the codes, over minutes, hours or days?

They could have been experiencing an isolated problem, but non the less it is frustrating that support couldn't indicate as such.  Unless the problem was so new you were the first to experience it.

I know it is not a bait and switch effort by Visible, as your follow up indicates they do work and from my experience more often than not.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Pdiddy
Novice

I am having same issue   Bring a friend code says not valid or expired?   How do I get a new code?