Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

l_to_the_dawg
Novice II

power cycled, airplane moded.  nada

l_to_the_dawg
Novice II

power cycled and airplane moded.  nada. i can send, can't receive

Done the power thing 3x and nothing. Been waiting to speak to a live agent now for 2.5 hours and nothing. What's the deal here?

kknight213
Novice

My Mother-in-Law is also experiencing the inability to receive text messages though she can still send them and has been experiencing this for almost 24 hours. It's becoming an issue for her safety. Do we have any idea what's causing this and how we can restore it?

jkrause515
Novice II

Any updates?  Still can't receive SMS messages and like others have said, I cannot access my Visible account due to 2FA being enabled.  

jkrause515
Novice II

Any updates? This is going on 24 hours or no text messages. I can send but cannot receive, and like others have said, I cannot log into the Visible app due to 2FA being enabled.  

neilmfrench2
Novice

Incredible incompetence. Will be switching ASAP

neilmfrench2
Novice

Incredibly incompetent. Can't wait to switch.

cllervik1
Novice III

Just spent about 85 minutes waiting in que…. Finally started s chat… he put me on hold over and over again saying he was “ checking into it”… came back on and said he had “ made some technical adjustments and to restart my phone and it should work fine now” I said I didn’t wanna have to start a new chat all over again and wait for hours to talk with somebody and he never responded. Powered down my phone yet again for the umpteenth time and it’s still the same crap…. can’t find a new carrier fast enough, and I have only been with Visible for one month!

Visible has joined the big league but their support staff is not ready nor staffed to handle the increase in customers 

Same. We switched to Visible mid January and already we HATE it. They are losing at least 3 accounts in one household over here. 

anonymouse21
Novice II

My phone isn't working, and I'm stranded at the airport/can't log into lyft or uber, since they require 2auth.

Restarting does nothing (my phone was just off for several hours), I noticed the past few days my texts haven't been coming through like normal. If this is the same network as Verizon, why isn't it as reliable?

not_optimistic
Novice II

I was with total wireless for years and didn't hate it.  Then verizon bought them and the service went to s**t.  I thought: "I must be imagining it" since it's the same network.  Switched to visible 2 weeks ago hoping that somehow it was better.  :sadtrombone:

not_optimistic
Novice II

I was with total wireless for years and didn't hate it.  then they got bought by verizon and I immediately noticed a slowdown.  I assumed I was imagining it since it's the same network.  Then I switched to visible two weeks ago hoping it would be somehow better.  now this.

Gonzo
Novice

I'm in NY, NY. I installed the new SIM card that Visible sent to me. My phone won't activate. 

Sixpoint99
Novice II

Chat agent ended my chat sessions 3 times in a row without any discussion?  How is Visible supposed to help me?

jon
Novice II

No incoming texts..Anyone know when this will be fixed? Thanks..

jon
Novice II

I can't receive text messages. Any idea when this will be fixed?

jon
Novice II

I can't receive texts. Any idea when this will be fixed?

esseyejay
Novice

Can't receive texts either, but I'm not sure just the outage is my problem. Have only had Visible for a week and in that time have only been able to receive texts from iOS users. I have tried all suggestions here, all to no avail

They have a serious network problem last 2 days or so 

Mcarrolljr71
Novice II

This is the second time that I have experienced this since switching to visible about 3 months ago. Is this what I am to expect if I continue using this service?

Also, I can't even access text support on either the app or website because they both keep freezing. The worst part about this is that I can't even access my account to get a port out pin since I need a verification code that is sent in a text that I am not receiving.

I use Facebook Messenger an I am able to get through

jkrause515
Novice II

just got off a chat with a support rep, they instructed me to power my device off, pop my sim out for about 1-2 minutes and power the device back up.  Surprisingly this worked and I can receive texts again, just an FYI for anyone else who wants to give it a try.

Prior text are just new one? 

only new ones, I did not receive any backlog of texts that I would've received prior to speaking with the rep. 

coreybush10
Novice II

Just got out of my 4th attempt at talking to support chat. Took another 2 hours. Up to 8 hours of time now trying to get my phone working. No data, calls, or texts despite 4 bars of service.

Attempts to get more information and escalate this seem to have failed. I'm locked out of not only your own app due to two-factor authentication, but many of the apps/sites I pay my bills on due to two-factor auth and my phone not working.

They offered me a $5 credit and said "Normally the credit would be $2 since it's two days but since you've been dealing with this without resolution we can make it $5."

Expected at least a free month of service or something considering the trouble this has caused myself and seemingly so many others. $2 and $5 almost feels insulting. I've never had a phone service before that just blanked out on service for days. Crazy.

zaksommers
Novice II

Not working in Spokane, WA. Please send a mass-communication email when the solution is fixed.

brcr
Novice III

After waiting about an hour for customer service to connect to live chat, they acknowledged the error and attempted a fix. Afterwards,  I was directed to power cycle my mobile device. I received one text message and then stopped receiving text messages again. Fortunately, I was still in the chat while I realized it stopped working again. They mentioned there was a "fatal flaw" with the "build order" and said to power cycle again in 2-3 hours. They then followed it with, it could be longer... I don't have much confidence in their ability to restore service anytime soon but wanted to share with the community since Visible is doing an AWFUL job communicating updates to their customers.

Appreciate the info.

hbonsal
Novice

I have no cell/data service since yesterday.  I can still get some text messages.  I can't call out or get incoming calls 

Solutions
Novice II

Able to get messages iphone to iphone but not android or other messaging services. Power cycle does not work

PaulAnglin
Novice

nothing is working and my job depends on this.  When do you anticipate it being fixed.

hbonsal
Novice

I have no cell/data services but I'm getting some text messages, All started 2/28 

nosajchuck
Novice II

Worked for my phone, but my wifes IPhone is completely dead now.  No calls, or texts or data in either direction. I can't login to her visible account to chat to you guys because its forcing her onto 2-factor authentication and she can't receive texts! 😤

nosajchuck
Novice II

It started yesterday with not being able to recieve text messages... then by 20:00 both my wife and I had no service at all.  Woke up today, my phone is working, hers would still not receive texts... now its 1637 and my line is working great... now her phone is acting as it's disconnected.... can't call out or in or get any texts or data.  Rebooted phone and all the other troubleshooting steps required... Im on hold for my 4th chat of the day.  I can't log into her account becuase you decided to roll out 2 factor on her account and she can't receive text messages!  This is ridiculous!  

James8254
Novice

I've been with several different carriers and never had a situation like this before. I've updated to the new Visible app and can't complete enrollment as I can't receive the texted authentication code. Unfortunately, I wanted to do my taxes today, but of course I can't as Taxact needs to send an authentication code. I'm lucky I don't need to contact my out of state bank, you've probably guessed, because I can't receive an authentication code. Yes, I've power cycled my phone, several times. No updates from Visible for 6 hours. Not a happy camper here.

bijayk
Novice II

I see people reporting issue since 5-6 hours ago. Has it been resolved for anyone? Have been on chat screen for last one hour and it keeps on waiting. Recently had worked with Straighttalk and Redpocket for my other lines. Customer service for Visible stands at -100 compared to them. For them i could reach CS almost immediately on chat. 

This issue has been going on since Monday evening without any fix.

This has been going on for 2 days...no relief in sight.....  I'm going to bail!