Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

nosajchuck
Novice II

Update.... Wife and my phone both working now. Airplane mode for 30 seconds fixed hers.

Western Pennsylvania

What type of phone? 

coreybush10
Novice II

To the surprise of no one, I was supposed to have a reply in my email by now for my "elevated" issue but didn't receive anything.

Phone still gets no data, calls, or texts. It's been 2 days now, going on 3. 

I'm pretty sure their own support team are the ones that made my phone completely unusable. When I originally talked to them two days ago it was just a few texts that didn't send if I remember right. They had me reset some things and then the phone became completely unusable.

They then proceeded to insult me with a $5 credit in response to my phone not working for days. Meanwhile they're offering new customers huge discounts. Lol. Complete joke. 

Ericajk9
Novice II

This is not working and need phone for work! It's been 24 hours at least!!! Switched a month ago to Visible and so regret it

smty12
Novice

Beyond how immediately frustrating and dangerous this outage is, does anyone know if we’ll receive back texts? I’ve been on Visible for a month and I am regretting the switch very much at this point. Waiting on important news and if we won’t receive messages we missed I’ll simply have no idea whether they tried to contact me or not. 😩 been on hold with customer service for over 6 hours. 

Afletcher
Novice

I found a solution (since customer service is no help). If you have an eSim this is how I got my service back:

1. Delete the eSim

2. Go to visible's site an get a new eSim (download will take a few minutes)

3. Restart the phone

That's all I did, it works. I can call and text again! 

Ok, I'm working through this now. Even though the process to request a new eSIM indicates you must verify via SMS, you actually ALSO get the code via email. I'm currently in the process of requesting the new eSIM in the app now, but its taking a LONG time to complete. I have a message indicating it could take up to 30 mins. Will advise.

<updated above>

UPDATE: Setting up new eSIM failed after 30 mins. Trying again. Likely will need to spend 2.5 eternities with customer support. 

I scanned the QR code on the website as directed by my phone settings. I have a Samsung, not sure it that matters. I would stay out of that app.

UPDATE: This didnt work for me. New eSIM installed and still no SMS texts.

michaelc
Novice II

I've had no working service (can't even make calls at ALL) for 2 hours and your chat support is not at all helpful

D_happy23
Novice II

Power cycling did not fix the issues. Toggling airplane mode and then powering off didn’t fix the issues. This is affecting our livelihoods our jobs our families. I’m new to this service but it better be fixed soon and we better receive a discount for this nonsense 

michaelc
Novice II

Horrendously bad service, I haven't been able to make a call or access any data, texts, NOTHING. And CS agents just spew excuses, no refunds, nothing. 

scgray67
Novice II

Finally reached an agent who was able to resolve issues with not receiving text messages. I asked what caused the issue faced.

Edit: This must have impacted voicemail as after resolution I received voicemail that hadn't been received from earlier in the day.

"Nothing, it was some normal glitch nothing else to worry about."

ranrun7
Novice

My only issue was texting (sending and receiving). Voice and data were not affected. This is how I got my issue fixed -- Start a chat w/ Visible and tell them that you tried restarting your phone and re-inserting SIM multiple times. They will then proceed to re-provision your phone. If they do not mention this, mention it yourself. Re-provision only took 5 minutes, and texting started immediately working after. 

I am guessing that it's taking Visible time to re-provision every line affected. I think starting a chat moves you higher up on the list. I asked for a root cause, but all I got was "an issue with the system" which tells me nothing. 

CBNixon
Novice II

Does nothing

rebooting phone does nothing

texting Transact in upper case letters to 6777 does nothing

Shawzy
Novice

Can't send/receive SMS messages, can't access my online Visible account to get on chat help because you send me SMS message for 2 factor authentication which I can't receive, can't update Visible app from phone or internet, you don't have an 800 or other number to call, etc.  This is a really bad customer service experience, ie zero help or service, yet you can email me a thank you for my automated monthly payment this evening.  Ridiculously bad.  

Shawzy
Novice

Can't send nor receive SMS messages, can't access my online Visible account to get on chat help because you send me SMS message for 2 factor authentication which I can't receive, can't update Visible app from phone or internet, you don't have an 800 or other number to call, etc.  This is a really bad customer service experience, ie zero help or service, yet you can email me a thank you for my automated monthly payment this evening.  Ridiculously bad.  

Frizank
Novice

This is insane. No service since my payment posted on the 28th. This operations has grown to large for them to manage since being a customer back in 2021. 

xcodepoet
Novice

Issue resolved while in chat.  Technician (Vali) asked that I ensure Roaming was OFF and Do Not Disturb was OFF.  Vali then directed me to remove the SIM from my iPhone.  While the SIM was removed, Vali did a SIM connectivity reset on the V*s*ble end.  After reinstalling the SIM we waited ~2 minutes then I texted TRANSACT to 67777.  I received a reply stating "You're in!...".  I then tested three different 2FA sites and all worked perfectly.  This is going to be quite a chore for V*s*ble if they have to do this for every client.  Anyway, all is well and I hope this helps someone.

Frizank
Novice

My service has not been reactivated since 27th for accidental first time missed payment since 2021 

I just had to happen as this network is having major tech issues

I just don't think my issue has anything to do with their outage  for some customers

Bskelton
Novice

I chatted with support. When the text to 67777 didn't resolve my issues they did work on the back end (I assume a network reset from the carrier side), had me restart my device, and then I tested again and I can text non iPhone users as well as receive text MFA codes again!

My wife also had the same issue with Visible and providing some of her details the rep was able to fix her problem in the same chat. Some comments are harsh as I'm sure if Visible had full say in the matter they would rather not have this massive outage situation. 

Bob68
Novice III

Power cycle will not resolve the issue, the power cycle is a standard playbook reply (typical of their dreadful customer service) and does not address the issue.  Hey Community manager, how about a regular update with the true cause of the issue and an expected resolution date ?  You have thousands of phones without the ability to text probably due to blackened issues with the merge with Verizon. 

Mrw
Novice II

Just off chat with them. .They apparently are fixing things  ..Was unable to receive text  It now works  .They had me restart phone and  text Transact - to 6777  to confirm   That's it. 

Did the chat agent have to do something on the Visible side as well? In other words, is the chat session necessary or can we simply text Transaction to 67777? Thanks.

Did you try this? Android or iPhone? Physical SIM or eSIM?

Jayduncan
Novice II

How about a March 2nd update, this is unbelievable that I still cannot get texts. You are impacting my work and all 2 factor authenticators. Do better!

pinksagemom
Novice

I haven't been able to receive text messages for the past two days which makes it difficult to communicate with people, not to mention it messes with two factor authentication. Between this and losing signal and having to restart my phone frequently, I'm referring the switch to visible.

Jayduncan
Novice II

How about a March 2nd update? This is unbelievable that we still cannot receive texts! You are impacting my work and all 2 factor authenticators. Do better and keep your customers updated!!!

mrfyvie1
Novice

I think I'm switching back. they're taking too long. Take care

Ticked
Novice

When is there going to be an update on this outage? Your communication is really poor for those of use who need text capability for work, banking etc.

Ticked
Novice

We need an update for Match 3nd!

brcr
Novice III

My device is working now. Try turning off the device for 15 seconds and then back on. I received some of the missing texts from previous days. my device is using an eSIM instead of the sim card. I think if you have the sim card they say to remove that when it’s off but not sure. Worth trying before spending hours waiting for customer support. 

UCONNCASS
Novice III

It solves nothing!  I have pulled a d reinserted the sim, reset network, Uninstaller and reinstalled messenger, updated visible app, phone is up to date.  Come on already.  I need texting for work.  3 days is out of control to fix this problem.  I get on chat wait for 40 mins get down to 5 in queue and then you shut me down.  This has gone on for 3 days.  Your service sucks.

Yup. Try turning on airplane mode for 30 seconds. Then turn off blue tooth. Turn airplane mode off and restart pH. If that doesn't work visible need to push a system refresh to your phone. It's a mess

Agree…

Same with me. All these "try this or that" does not work! Looks like I'm going to go back to verizon and spend the extra money but at least they always had service!! The problem I have is to port my number over to verizon, I need to log into visible to do that but since I'm using two factor authorization and my phone doesn't receive texts there is no way I can do that! This is so rediculous!!!

You may not be reading this forum, but the outage is actually with Verizon, as Visible uses the Verizon network. Going back to Verizon will get you exactly in the same position you are now.

Erikarnmsn
Novice

Hey, I hope this can help someone but I read this on another thread somewhere and it worked for me.  Turn off your esim and turn off your phone.  If you have a physical sim take it out. Insert a sim card from a different company. Power on the phone and leave it on with the new sim for at least 10 mins.  Then shut off the phone.  Take the sim out. Turn the phone back on then turn back on your esim if you have one.  If you have a physical sim put it in before cutting back on.  Then once phone boots,  Restart phone.  This got my phone working again.  I spent hours on the chat with support which made my phone behave worse than before. I hope this can help some of you.