Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

tecnalb
Novice II

So Im on with Tech Support now. They told me I have to wait 2-3 hours and then power cycle phone. Also, I requested 2FA be removed so that I could get back into my account without the SMS confirmation.

e.

VisibleSucks1
Novice

Choke on a long shlong you scamming scum bags.

tecnalb
Novice II

Fixed!! The longest part was the wait time in the queue.

My blue line on the PC for the queue is about 80% full, praying I don't get disconnected and this agent can get this resolved. 

They can’t. Did it 3 times yesterday.  Total of 9 hours.

They can’t fix it.  It’s a total network crash.  If you are ONLY have sms issues WAIT!  The solution to fix will kick you off the next work entirely.  Reddit can confirm.

Interesting. I saw those post on r/visible but I am also seeing people on here say the agent was able to fix it. 

If you are having the SMS receive issue, they CAN fix. They just fixed mine. But THEY have to resolve it. You can't do it yourself.

Just waited 2 hours on the queue and finally got in the top 50. It counted down and when it got to 10 in front of me, it logged me out and reset. 

Unbelievable...

same with me - happened twice.  

That is because you didn't verify you were still there on the yellow message that comes up.

Well did they have you do something or was it them?  I have been kicked off chats 4 time after waiting 40 mins

me too I waited and didn't reply quick enough they closed it

What did they do to fix it? And what problems were you having? My biggest issue is not receiving texts from android users.

VisibleSucks1
Novice

Choke on a long shlong you scumbags

VisibleSucks1
Novice

Choke on a fat one you scumbags.

lanhub
Novice II

Since it’s obvious they’re not monitoring this post, let’s talk about Visible alternatives!

The other mobile stores open here on the West coast in a couple of hours - needing to take time off work to do this since I need my phone for 2FA.

If you’re looking at other providers, what are you considering?  I’m considering Xfinity mobile at a price point of $45 for unlimited data, but have heard good things about T-mobile. 

VisibleSucks1
Novice

Chastising would be appropriate.

MdotJ
Novice

Visible - can you please give us more information on what's going on? Many of us rely on your service for work. I have liked this service until now, and would hate to switch to something else. But I cannot be missing work, and this has been going on too long. Please give us an update so we can all make an informed decision on how to proceed. 

jaaschutz
Novice II

This is not an outage! This is an attack. I lost text messaging last night and now somebody had logged into my paypal account and started buying bitcoin. Also having a problem with my bank of suspicious activity. Please fix this IMMEDIATELY. 

jaaschutz
Novice II

**IMPORTANT** This is NOT an outage. This is an ATTACK! Last night I lost texting capabilities last night and then somebody started buying bitcoin in my paypal and suspicious activity in my bank account. Please fix this immediately!

jaaschutz
Novice II

**IMPORTANT** This is NOT an outage. This is an ATTACK! Last night I lost texting capabilities last night and then somebody started buying bitcoin in my paypal and suspicious activity in my bank account. Please fix this immediately!

jaaschutz
Novice II

This is absolutely ridiculous, cannot log in to my account because the only 2FA is SMS and cannot get text messages. 

Minkeytales
Novice II

This has been going on since before Noon yesterday.  I can't receive any text messages at all.  When will this be fixed??

xbhawk
Novice II

The lack of transparency is telling... I'm in IT and this reeks of a major ransomware attack on Verizon to me. I filed a complaint with the FCC (would encourage others to do the same) not because of the outage itself but because there seems to be no urgency to acknowledge or communicate with the thousands of customers whose phones have been reduced to paperweights since this started. At the least, give us an idea of what's going on and even a rough estimate of how long it's going to take to fix. People's livelihoods depend on their phone service (mine included) so "we have no timeline" after several days of no results for most people is a ridiculous cop-out IMO.

cpreisendorf
Novice

I use this number for my job. Not able to receive important texts.  You’re gonna get me fired because of this crap. Fix this today or you lost a customer. 

xbhawk
Novice II

I'm in tech and this reeks of a ransomware attack on Verizon to me. I haven't been able to use my phone since yesterday afternoon, all I see is an SOS symbol. Looking at Twitter and Reddit, seems as though this is affecting thousands upon thousands of people who have either activated or made a plan change recently with Verizon or any of its MVNOs/subsidiaries. I filed a complaint with the FCC this morning and hope they take notice as this seems to have been going on for several days for many folks with zero substantial commitment from Verizon/Visible on a resolution timeline. My paycheck depends on my phone working and I'm not going to risk trying to port out during this mess and lose my number either. So, I'm essentially stuck until this is fixed. Once they figure this out I'm expecting to be refunded for the time I was out service at the absolute least.

I have a friend who is on the regular Verizon Network.  He is not having any problems with his service.  He is in tech also and NO issues.

He's probably been on Verizon for awhile. This seems to only be affecting people who have new accounts or have recently made plan changes, if you poke around on Reddit/Twitter you'll see.

D_happy23
Novice II

42 in line and blue line is almost done

Power cycling did not help the issue. What can I do to resolve?

power cycling did not work; any other solutions?

kvelezvsc
Novice III

Just had my service fixed by an agent that sent an update to my SIM card. His explanation "We have had an outage, it was fixed until this morning, so we received these steps to fix it, so maybe the last night the previous agent did not receive these instructions, nonetheless it is fixed now! Congrats!"

I can't receive sms code as of now 12:13 PM EST 3/2/23

tbwalter
Novice

8:33am PST - Still no messaging.  This is a pretty vital service.  Multiple times power cycling, and phone is up to date.

shonseb
Novice II

When is this supposed to end? I'm thinking it was a mistake for me to switch to visible. Let's see how long it takes for them to resolve this

D_happy23
Novice II

Number 31 in line 

keep an eye out for a pop up asking if you're still there.. you have to click yes or it'll drop you

Umalum
Novice II
  1. Can’t receive SMS messages for over 2 days!

vbound06
Novice II

THEY have to fix it.. THEY just did mine.. get on chat from a computer but keep an eye on it.. it'll eventually get to "you're number 5" a message above your number will pop up and its timed .. like 10 secs "Are you still there? " you have to click YES or it'll drop you... i was down since monday evening .. THEY gave me a whopping $5 credit... woo hooo ? 

Tried the phone restart multiple times, no changes. Tried changing messaging apps and still test messages are broken. Tried on and off wifi, no difference. I can sent texts and make calls, and people get those texts, but I cannot receive texts or messages, only calls