Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

Mlb
Novice

I have a post paid Verizon phone, and it works fine. Just the prepaid doesn't work. Seems like just a ploy to get us to upgrade our plan. 

MMpitts8
Novice II

I did that numerous times and still not helping

Mlb
Novice

I have a post paid Verizon phone that works fine, just the prepaid that won't receive texts. Supposed to be on the same network, so it seems like just a ploy to make us upgrade our plan to the so called "enhanced network" plan. I'm sorry I chose visible.

hestchris
Novice

@DS-VisibleMgr have power cycled my phone with no luck. Cannot access work related matters due to 2FA and not being able to get text messages. When will this be resolved? Why was no message sent out about it? Cannot even log in to my Visible account as I need 2FA for that too. 

Tatergina
Novice

Yes, I've had the same issue as everyone else. I can call, receive calls and send texts but not receiving texts. I've restarted my phone, took out the Sim card and put back in and restarted the network. Nothing has helped 😕.  I just got this service a month and half ago but I'm really disappointed so far 😕 

Yertster
Novice

I can’t even log into my account because of two factor authentication. I can’t receive a text code to login. This is ridiculous! 

Tatergina
Novice

I can make and receive calls and send texts but can't receive any. I just switched to visible in January and thought it was a good service. I've done all the steps every one else tried and nothing helps 🙃 😕 

Visible_comm
Novice II

Should be able to sue Visible for lost of income.

Visible_comm
Novice II

Should be able to sue Visible for loss of income.

They want you to try troubleshooting your ends with suggestions that don't work. It's their network end that need to be reset.

Then they a posted message -> "We're currently experiencing higher than normal Care volume, and your wait time might be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.

They knew that YOU calling in will not fix anything. This is just a way to delay the inevitable. You chime in, wait for a few hours (time wasted) and they they tell they can't fix it. So, you moved on, They get 5 stars for answering questions. Then another victim chime in, wait a few hours, nothing fix ... it keeps going.

They need to fix their network end pronto!!!

Agree - our phones are not entertainment. I had a child sick at school and he couldn't call me. Worse, I had a heater go out in the building I manage which houses a childcare center. It's the middle of winter, no heater and a potentially dangerous issue and I was not able to follow up in a timely fashion. It is utterly unacceptable that these issues are happening.

Heatm311
Novice

Still having issues with text. NJ

shannond630
Novice

Why was no email sent to everyone to make us aware of the issue? I depend on a text message from my elderly father once a day to check in. Since I didn't know I wasn't receiving texts, I thought he was injured and couldn't get in touch with me!

Tdnewk
Novice II

Still having texting issues in illinois 

zennn
Novice II

Is the *only* way forward to get in the customer support queue?? 

I think this may be our only option. I’m currently in the queue. Have been waiting for 1.5 hours so far this morning. 

I mean to say that this is my 3rd time waiting this morning. I was disconnected twice from chat support prior to this long wait. 

Please reply again with the result once you finish with an agent. Unfortunately, I am at work and can't open a chat and wait/stare at it all day.

yes, they need to re-provision your SIM on their end.   Will take approx 2 hours to get through on the chat app and you have to watch it constantly or you will get disconnected / not respond it time when you are lucky enough to get to the front of the queue (less than 30 seconds to respond or you will get disconnected). 

Bob68
Novice III

Over 2 hours since I asked for the CEO (Angie Klien) to post a personal update about this issue "to the customers she cares so much about".    No response, perhaps she needs a two factor authentication code to get into this community ?

Here is an excerpt from a recent podcast she did "Angie Klein has a career built on the back of unique and strong product launches. Her 20-plus-year career at Verizon included leadership roles across the home and wireless businesses and has yielded innovative and unique products for customers. Her outspoken style, together with a focus on value proposition design and customer experience has led to some impressive, disruptive products such as Mix & Match, more Unlimited plans and simplifying bundling pricing. Angie’s vision is clear – give customers clear and simple options according to their specific needs." 

Angie, how about this new item for your vision list - post on this  community site and interact with your customers. You are impacting peoples lives, have the decency to act like a leader and update us @DS-VisibleMgr 

maybe we all need to email her directly?

Umalum
Novice II

we are working to resolve it "immediately" means at once, instantly.....

still waiting 2+ days for ability to receive SMS text messages from Android phones

GymRat5104
Novice II

I've power-cycled multiple times to no avail.

I worked level 1 customer support for several years in a company.

Restart the device was almost always the first tool out of the belt.

Come on now. I'm patient, but it's been at least two days without texting availability.
Get out in front of an issue instead of reacting to it. 

MMpitts8
Novice II

I'm new with Visible. Do they credit you for not being able to fully utilize their services? 

So we’ve seen that people are getting a $5 credit

Tdnewk
Novice II

I have an android phone...4g... have done the reboot... no change... still have the issue

Valcrest25
Novice II

AFTER WAITING FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS I’M NOW #44 IN LINE!

Talk0
Novice III

I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

And with the FCC:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360001201223

lol i like your style

Talk0
Novice III

I wonder who the most appropriate executive at Verizon would be to direct dissatisfaction with Visible’s management to? At this point, Verizon even bear some responsibility for allowing this to happen. 

Yes, this is happening to me as well. Can't even login to my account due to two-factor identification... I hope this is fixed very soon! Haven't been able to chat with a Visible rep due to long wait times...

Just posting for the record- this outage is affecting me as well. This is a significant problem, and Visible should own up to what is happening.

kfergred
Novice

My issue was receiving SMS texts.  The agent was able to fix quickly in chat.  All I had to do on my end was verify my email and toggle airplane mode after they made some adjustments. I kept clicking around in my account to make sure I didn't get logged out while waiting.

vbound06
Novice II

They just removed the Outage Alert from the main Community page.

D_happy23
Novice II

I did everything the tech said after waiting 3 hours and it is still Not Fixed!!!! I can’t get important texts from work my daughter my family to confirming appointments and 2 step verification. Come On Man!!!!! Did he do this?

seniormoment
Novice

I was going to move both my wife's and my service to Visible, but just did mine first to see how it works. This episode may well cost you 2 customers.

Yep, and aside from my two lines that are less than two weeks old they’re going to lose a whole lot more than yours and mine. And just an update might dissuade me… maybe.

Two week old account here. I’m nearly all the way committed to going to Metro, or back to Cricket. A lack of an update is killing me. If they would have done that, I might have considered sticking around. The disrespect of not providing us any extra details is absurd. 

Solutions
Novice II

Update for me-  

I was able to reach a rep rather quick using Facebook Messenger.  The were able to resolve my text message issues on iphone 12 Max Pro.  Prior to the "fix" I was only able to receive messages from iphone users.  Messages from driods and other sms services were not coming in. After the "fix" did several test text to friends who have driod and test to other sms services (google to get the code) and they are all working.  

I would highly suggest to reach out to them on Messenger.  Hope this helps!

Did they reprovision your phone or do a network refresh to fix it? Something else? Are you on eSIM?