Payment Due Date when upgrading network?

banquo22
Novice II

If we upgrade to Visible plan from our old Party Pay network, does our monthly due date stay the same or do they take the monthly charge as soon as we activate the new service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched today but today is also my bill date and was charged early this morning before I activated so I owed nothing. Apparently the bill date will stay the same because when I checked 2 or 3 weeks ago before this $5 discount for the $30 plan it was prorated and I showed I owed a difference of $3 and change for the remainder of the month. I had no intentions then to switch until they absolutely made us then this $5 off deal come up on the 2nd, so Saturday I ordered a SIM. Only issue I had was no internet due to me not realizing that apparently when I remove the card on my phone it switches mobile data off, once I figured that out it all worked. Since we get the $5 off now it shouldn't matter when you change, there is no other fees or charges.

Remember that if you switch plans or leave and come back to the $30 plan you will lose the $5 off. I asked customer service this question on Thursday.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched today but today is also my bill date and was charged early this morning before I activated so I owed nothing. Apparently the bill date will stay the same because when I checked 2 or 3 weeks ago before this $5 discount for the $30 plan it was prorated and I showed I owed a difference of $3 and change for the remainder of the month. I had no intentions then to switch until they absolutely made us then this $5 off deal come up on the 2nd, so Saturday I ordered a SIM. Only issue I had was no internet due to me not realizing that apparently when I remove the card on my phone it switches mobile data off, once I figured that out it all worked. Since we get the $5 off now it shouldn't matter when you change, there is no other fees or charges.

Remember that if you switch plans or leave and come back to the $30 plan you will lose the $5 off. I asked customer service this question on Thursday.

Ah ok, thanks for the info - my SIM is on the way and I'm still weeks away from my bill date, so was going to hold off in activating until due date obviously if basically I was going to get charged again once active on the new plan.  But sounds like current due date stays the same and prorated (if need be), or in this case no change since the monthly cost between old Party Pay and new Visible plan is now the same.  That's good.  

Appreciate the info - hope this new network is indeed a little better...am curious if I'll see any change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seemed like my data speeds improved a lot back in October and I don't see the super slow data speeds I was getting during the daytime hours. I have checked speeds a few times throughout the day today since activating and it seems like I am getting the same speeds, just checked now that it is later and getting some slightly faster speeds that I have seen at this time of the evening before. I live in a rural area and have a weak signal since I am in the middle of two towers that are about 13 miles in each direction. I do have a cell booster but it is band 13 only because that is the band my phone was getting at the time I checked. My phone is jumping bands now and won't stay locked onto 13 even though I get 4-5 bars on that band with the booster. If it switches I get one maybe 2 if I am lucky. 

You should not get charged anything. I was worried about being double billed even today. If you do get billed for anything contact customer service and make sure they credit you the amount.

What is the improvements of the NEW NETWORK ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not up on the tech but from what I read it was cloud based to the new plans being on the Verizon core, whatever that is.

The improvement I have saw is slightly faster data speeds, I'm on 4G LTE(no 5G within 150 miles) and my data speeds went from maybe around 20Mbps average(15 during the day to maybe mid 20's in the later hours) to most readings now in the mid 30 range, with one reading today over 40Mbps. Upload speeds about the same which range from .5 to 10Mbps with most reading around 6Mbps. Ping went from about 100 average to now they are 40ms or less. 

MaBa
Novice III

Same question. Am searching as to whether I need strategize SIM activation date in regards to bill. Is it pro,-rsted, etc. Will read reply below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, if you go the route of the basic plan and get the $5 off they are offering for the legacy or party pay plan customers it would not be prorated because the price is the same. Before the $5 off offer I had checked and had I switched before the offer in the middle of the billing cycle I would have had to pay the difference which was between $2 to $3 since it was the middle of the month. 

On the other hand if you decide to switch from the old plan and go to the Visible Plus plan you would then be prorated the difference of what you have paid and the cost difference of the new plan.

It was no problem activating whenever you want...confirmed what others said here that you will just keep the same bill date and if moving from Party Pay to Visible, the price remains the same so you won't owe anything. It actually was a pretty smooth process so was happy for that.

Thank you for attention here! May need new topic, because also searching for new SIM card preparation. Concern for preserving text history, contacts, apps. General internet describes settings on Google to backup. Noticed settings for contacts have Google settings, but have not found text storage.( MMS versus SMS soup to me too.) When I got a new phone it was tedious loading apps,wallpaper, details. Same phone may ONLY be about text messages in SIM domain?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I activated the new card in the same phone I retained all text messages. I believe I am using SMS. This was an Android phone and would gather that texts would be saved even on iPhone but not sure. I am not a tech savvy person.

I will also point out that when I picked up a newer model Motorola phone I used Google and it transferred most everything over to the new phone, most but not all apps, my phone settings, contacts and even texts. 

With the new SIM from Visible plugged into same phone, I retained all my texts and calls info, that I could immediately tell anyway. I would recommend saving all contact info, pictures, etc to Google if you don't already. Makes it pretty easy to move to new equipment when needed. But just a SIM change? odds are you'll be fine in my experience.

Good.

MaBa
Novice III

Hopeful. Just an ounce of preparation if it is necessary. Visible had a FAQ, but it said "Archived" and go to Community. The internet lead to saying SIM is not storing stuff BUT contacts and SMS need some settings checked. Maybe it is a moot point if Google has all the right settings. My contacts seem to be backed by Google, but am not as settled about texts. Your experience ahead of me is reassuring with likewise Android though. Thank you for being communicative about forging ahead! 

Runz2Much
Novice II

Be careful with the new network change. Across the board my data speeds are horrible. Regardless of the time of day and my location around our city. The network is so slow at times it wonโ€™t support loading a basic web page. Voice calling is even jittery. Iโ€™ve been on with support multiple times, reset and reinstalled eSIMโ€™s so many times Iโ€™ve lost count. The best speed I can get now is around 5 Mbps and it drops down to less than 500 kbps often. I routinely had 5G coverage before and now rarely get more than 2 bars of LTE. In our area the โ€˜New Networkโ€™ is so poor I wished I had never even tried following their guidance to change. Iโ€™ve even asked to be switched back. However, that isnโ€™t something they want to do. Your experience is just as likely to be bad than good.