Pixel 7 (Unlocked) eSIM Compatibility

ZipperDrive
Novice III

I recently purchased the Google Pixel 7 Pro (Unlocked) from Best Buy. However, the IMEI seems to be incompatible with eSIM. 

This is very frustrating for a carrier who recommends using eSIM. Although the device is compatible, the IMEI checker claims that eSIM is unsupported (which is a lie because Visible sells the same model number). The endpoints claim the IMEI is unavailable. If that is so, why don't you ask us for the eSIM IMEI and/or EID? What a horrible implementation.

The worst part is if I request a physical SIM, my service goes out and I need to wait until I receive the SIM card. I have never heard of a carrier that deactivates your existing SIM before you receive the replacement. Which individual thought about this logic? Clearly, they have no clue how telecommunication works.

4 REPLIES 4

ksinsac
Novice

Ditto here, Visible's eSIM is not compatible with the Pixel 7.  I've been locked out while visible waits to send me a physical SIM for this phone.  They're claiming supply and shipping delays, at least a week before my SIM will get here, during which time I will have no cell phone service at all.

Every other carrier has smooth eSIM implementation, however Visible does not.  So disappointing for Verizon/Visible.

ksinsac
Novice

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm for Visible.  I too bought a new unlocked Pixel 7, and transferred my eSIM from my Pixel 6 to the 7.  Visible doesn't support eSIM yet on the Pixel 7, so I'm now stuck waiting with no service until Visible can find it in themselves to send a new physical SIM.

smile4dakillcam
Novice II

Unfortunately it isn't just Pixel devices, but also Galaxy users. The only ones who get the eSIM treatment from Visible is iOS devices. A shame. 

A week or two after I posted this, I was able to activate using eSIM.