Port from Verizon to Visible

daytonfamily
Novice

I signed up for Visible using the iOS app and did not (or see) the option to use my existing number. Is it possible to port my number from Verizon? I cannot figure it out and the video was not helpful in my scenario and there are no agents that are alive.

Thanks for any input.

8 REPLIES 8

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, you should be able to port in your number from Verizon if your phone is not locked to a carrier. If you donโ€™t get the option on the Visible app, just do a chat session with Visible support.

You might want to test your phone with Visible with a temporary numbers for a few days before porting. Voice, text, and data should all be tested.

Make sure your phone on Verizon is not locked (it's a setting in the securities settings) before you do the porting on Visible app. You get five tries before you'll be locked out for 24 hours. After I figured that out it was easy and fast. You can get your 6 digit port out code directly from your Verizon app (which is good for 7 days). As an aside, other than a soewdy bump getting my visible voicemail to work (had to do a chat session with customer care), I have had zero issues with Visible service as compared to the Verizon service I had previously. 

I want to be with visable

You will be sorry you went to Visible.

GuyG
Novice

Should you wish to proceed, you'll need to go to Verizon and get a code from them to port your number over to Visible. 

If you have prepaid the pin is the 4 digit security pin if you have postpaid you have to get a number transfer pin 

Please accept my post as a solution if I it worked 

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Yes it is possible. Let the care rep know it is a transfer from Verizon because on the back end there is a slightly different process than a normal port.

Good luck and welcome to the Visible fam.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.