Porting an old iphone number over to your new visible account

cardinal12
Novice

I found out that the SIM card number on my old phone was listed in settings under the About  section, and the title the SIM card number is listed under is:  ICCID.  My old phone is an iPhone SE. My old phone carrier used the last 15 digits of my Sim card as my customer account number.  I got a porting transfer number from my old carrier, gave visible the 15 digits plus the transfer number, and now I can use my old number with visible.  I just did it tonight, so I will see tomorrow if my old number shows up on other peoples phones when I call them,  and if they can successfully  call me on my new phone.

5 REPLIES 5

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Is everything operational today?  Hopefully your port-over was successful.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Yes, so far my  phone is working fine!  My friend was over at my place yesterday, and when I tried to call him while he was downstairs , the call failed. Same with text.  When he came back upstairs, he looked at my phone settings, and discovered my phone can't capture the 5G network, only the 4G network. So he clicked on the info that would allow my phone to use 4G, changed a few other settings, and now my phone works fine. lucky for me he is tech savvy! I wouldn't have guessed it was a problem with which cell network my phone was trying to use.

Always good to have a techie friend. ๐Ÿ™‚

I would recommend chatting with Visible support to make sure they have 5G enabled on your account so you can benefit from it. I had the same issue but once they enabled the 5G feature, all was well.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

It could be possible he doesn't have a phone that supports 5G. I know the iPhone 11s and lower don't support 5G

Yes it is good!