Porting from 2 line Verizon account

isitworthit
Novice

Currently have a 2 line Verizon account with a Samsung GS8+ as the primary phone and an Alcatel GO Flip V (not smart) as the secondary.

I'd like to buy two new smartphones from Visible, and then port my numbers over.  Ideally, I'd like to have both my current phones and service on Verizon remain active and have an overlap of a few days (minimum) where the new phones and Visible plans are active before I port the numbers over and close the Verizon account.

I'm assuming that the only way to do that is to open the Visible account(s) with 2 new phones and activate them with 2 new numbers ... play with the phones for a few days and then port over the numbers.

That sounds like the expensive way ... is there any other way to do this and still be able to make and receive phone calls/data from all the phones?

Thanks in advance ...

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I believe that is the only way it can be done.

You didn't mention is you were buying Android or iOS(iPhone) phones but if you want to test Visible service to see if it is right for you then you would need to buy a newer unlocked iPhone(from somewhere such as Best Buy) and try the 15 day free trial on eSIM. If your plan is to try Visible to see if you like it, one thing to point out, if you buy phones from Visible they need to be in service for 60 continuous days on the account that particular phone was bought on before it is unlocked and can be used on another carrier. If you buy one phone for each account don't get them mixed up when they arrive or they may never unlock if the phone is used on the wrong account.

You also need to keep your Verizon accounts active until after you port your numbers over or you will lose your old numbers. You will open an account for each line and order a phone from each account, you will be charged for the phone up front unless you finance it. You wont be charged for service until you have the phone and activate it, the day it is activated is the day your billing cycle begins.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I'm planning on buying new phones, either through Visible or unlocked from Best Buy, etc.  Most likely a SGS23 to eventually replace the SGS8+ and an iPhone to replace the non-smartphone line.  The main reason I wanted to have both Visible and Verizon accounts active for some time was to make sure there wouldn't be issues with the human side of things (upgrading from a non-smartphone to an iPhone).  I can't imagine there being any real issues with Visible's network or service.  At least I hope there aren't.

Just so you are aware, the one thing with Visible is there is no phone number to call in the event of an issue with service or activation. It is handled through chat or messaging them on their social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, on their Reddit page and I believe Instagram.

There should be no issues with the iPhone from Best Buy being compatible on the Visible network but the Samsung there is a possibility it may show not compatible when signing up. 

If it makes a difference Visible is owned by Verizon.

3 REPLIES 3

I believe that is the only way it can be done.

You didn't mention is you were buying Android or iOS(iPhone) phones but if you want to test Visible service to see if it is right for you then you would need to buy a newer unlocked iPhone(from somewhere such as Best Buy) and try the 15 day free trial on eSIM. If your plan is to try Visible to see if you like it, one thing to point out, if you buy phones from Visible they need to be in service for 60 continuous days on the account that particular phone was bought on before it is unlocked and can be used on another carrier. If you buy one phone for each account don't get them mixed up when they arrive or they may never unlock if the phone is used on the wrong account.

You also need to keep your Verizon accounts active until after you port your numbers over or you will lose your old numbers. You will open an account for each line and order a phone from each account, you will be charged for the phone up front unless you finance it. You wont be charged for service until you have the phone and activate it, the day it is activated is the day your billing cycle begins.

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I'm planning on buying new phones, either through Visible or unlocked from Best Buy, etc.  Most likely a SGS23 to eventually replace the SGS8+ and an iPhone to replace the non-smartphone line.  The main reason I wanted to have both Visible and Verizon accounts active for some time was to make sure there wouldn't be issues with the human side of things (upgrading from a non-smartphone to an iPhone).  I can't imagine there being any real issues with Visible's network or service.  At least I hope there aren't.

Just so you are aware, the one thing with Visible is there is no phone number to call in the event of an issue with service or activation. It is handled through chat or messaging them on their social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, on their Reddit page and I believe Instagram.

There should be no issues with the iPhone from Best Buy being compatible on the Visible network but the Samsung there is a possibility it may show not compatible when signing up. 

If it makes a difference Visible is owned by Verizon.