Problems with Visual Voicemail and SMS Texts after Port In

Greencat
Novice II

After porting in from VZW I have no Visual Voicemail and am not receiving SMS texts.The steps used to port; Original iPhone XR with VZW sim card, created Visible Account via eSIM with temporary new number, ported the the VZW number to the new eSIM, removed the SIM card. After several hours on chat and 4 eSIM downloads it is still not working. Voice and data are working and iMessage is working. However, I am not receiving 2FA SMS texts or texts from Android users. If I do a network reset it does flush out the new VMs that are in the queue but it does it just once and I do not receive any more VMs in the phone app till I do another reset. *86 does work and confirms there are new VMs but not showing up in the phone app. I'm wondering if requesting a new SIM card and giving up on eSIM would solve my issues? Has anyone had a similar experience that has been resolved? if so, what was the fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greencat
Novice II

Well, it seems like escalating the issue with customer service and patience was the fix. ๐Ÿ˜‰  During the night the backlog of SMS messages flushed through and Visual Voicemail is also working today also. The chat was a long process but appears to have solved the problem in the end. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Greencat
Novice II

Well, it seems like escalating the issue with customer service and patience was the fix. ๐Ÿ˜‰  During the night the backlog of SMS messages flushed through and Visual Voicemail is also working today also. The chat was a long process but appears to have solved the problem in the end. 

mellow_leo
Novice

Iโ€™m having the exact same issues after switching to the iPhone 11. No sms texts and no visual voicemail. They sent it on to the โ€œadvanced triage teamโ€ 10 hours ago. This gives me hope mine will eventually get fixed as well, hopefully.

comrade-g
Novice II

I just found out that we can ask for a physical phone call back...after it has reached the โ€œadvanced triage teamโ€.  I spent 18 hours on chat and got nowhere.   Same issue with not receiving SMS messages.  This is a big problemโ€ฆI canโ€™t get verification codes.

I am having the same issues.  How did they ever resolve your issues?  Iโ€™ve spent two days with chat and am just getting the run around and my phone doesnโ€™t work.

Hey, IDK if this helps, but mine just started working. I just activated my service last night and only noticed this morning that my regular bank alert SMS didn't pop on my screen. I have an iPhone 12 Pro max and I went to check my voicemail in the phone app while on LTE/5g and I clicked on "greeting" and my phone said it was "retrieving voicemail" or something like that, and then I waited for a minute or two and all my bank alerts and 2-step verification text were flooding in all at once. Of course, I did all this after all the troubleshooting steps and 3 chats later. I hope this helps.