Promo scam!

Msd28405
Novice II

Do not buy a phone from Visible expecting a reward as advertised. They will not honor the promo. Exception maybe for iphones. I waited forever for a chat complaint when I didn't hear anything after paying for the 3rd month of service. The agent, Sebastian, told me it was showing as an error on my account and he had to refer the issue to the specialty department and the promo department would review it. They sent me an email saying the promo wasn't available at the time of activation. Lies! I replied to the email and received a response that Ithey don't respond by email. I have to wait forever again to chat with someone who will probably have no further help on this. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Facebook messenger. It was about as fast as chat. A few weeks ago I had a couple question about the new plans and tried Twitter but after 10 days no one responded so I copied the message and sent it on Facebook messenger but went to bed. Woke up to a response and according to the time it took 45 minutes, being about 6 hours later I responded to the info they needed thinking it would take another hour or two but surprising I had an respond within a few minutes and each subsequent response was within a few minutes. It beats waiting in chat. 

Msd28405
Novice II

Ok. But that doesn't change the fact they won't honor the promo reward. They are now saying there hasn't been a promo on the phone all year. Biggest lie yet. So I imagined the promo?! A sorry company with no remorse for luring customers with empty promises. Don't fall for their promos. They should not even deserve to be in existence.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was just giving you a different way to get a hold of customer service. All the emails I have ever gotten from Visible all say there is no response to replies or some such wording to that affect. 

A question i have is did you port in or were you already here and just bought a phone? I ask because the promos are for porting in and not just for buying the phone. 

My advice to other is to take a screen shot of the promo and make sure to read the fine print.

Screen shot for sure. I didn't expect them to deny the promo but nobody should. I was a new customer so ported in. I reas the promo details and met all the requirements. They are simply saying it wasn't available for my phone when I know it was or I would not have considered buying it. I saw the promo before, during, and since my order was placed. They are liars!

Also true about not responding to email replies. If you are in line on the app or online to chat, I advise you stay until your next or you may lose your place and start alll over. 

JoeyHoyt
Novice II

I received promos twice, without issue (the second time I referred myself to Visible with my second phone line).

georgeb
Intermediate II

Hey @Msd28405 did you find a solution to your issue with the promotion?

georgeb yes, sort of. I filed a complaint with BBB. Someone then reached out by email and gave me a code to redeem it. They said they are opening an investigation, but that's probably just a line to people like me who take it this far. I also asked for a lot more for my troubles, but that was never mentioned. I refused to continue paying for service and cancelled before another payment was due.

narto22
Novice

Visible is a scam. They have always offered promotions but NEVER HONORED THEM. DO NOT GET A VISIBLE PHONE. The customer service is the worst out of all companies offering cheaper phone plans

narto22
Novice

Visible is a scam. DO NOT BUY A PLAN FROM THEM. If you're enticed by their port-in/buy a phone from visible promo, don't bother. I have paid my phone bill for 6 months straight and still have not received the gift card being offered when I signed up. Their customer service agents make up excuses saying my iPhone 13 pro didn't qualify! That's a lie because it has had a promo on it all year!

Vjkussman
Novice

OMG! Same thing happened to me!