Query About Visible SIM Activation and Deactivation While Using Internationally for OTPs

rahul-gupta
Novice

Hello Visible Community,

I’m currently living in Australia and using my Visible SIM primarily to receive One-Time Password (OTPs) from my US bank account.
Up until yesterday, I had Visible’s Global Pass, which allowed me to make/receive calls, send/receive texts, and MMS via Telstra’s network here in Australia.

As of today, I chose not to renew the Global Pass and turned it off. Since then, I am still able to receive SMS, but I can no longer make calls, receive calls, send texts, or send MMS.
My phone now displays “Visible using cellular data,” and it seems I can only receive SMS when my local amaysim’s (Australian carrier) mobile data is turned on.

I am currently on the $25 pack offered to Visible’s local U.S. customers, and I’m wondering:

1. If I don’t recharge the $25 pack after its expiration, will I still be able to receive SMS? If yes, for how long? 

2. Will the number be permanently deactivated if no recharge is made in the next 60 days after expiration of recharge (I saw this mentioned on this community post…..but I’m not sure)?

3. How long will I be able to keep my number before it’s permanently deactivated by Visible and released to other users?

I’d appreciate any advice from anyone who has the answers or someone who’s been in a similar situation. Thanks heaps for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rahul-gupta
Novice

I recently spoke with Visible support and here’s what I learned about my situation:

1. Receiving SMS after the $25 pack expires: Once the $25 pack expires, all services, including SMS reception, will be fully restricted. You won’t be able to receive OTPs or any texts unless you recharge.

2. Number deactivation after expiration: Visible holds your number for 60 days after the expiration of your recharge. During this period, your number is still attached to your account, but if you don't recharge within these 60 days, the number will be permanently deactivated and released for others.

This means you have 60 days to reactivate your number by recharging. I hope this helps anyone else with a similar situation!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rahul-gupta
Novice

I recently spoke with Visible support and here’s what I learned about my situation:

1. Receiving SMS after the $25 pack expires: Once the $25 pack expires, all services, including SMS reception, will be fully restricted. You won’t be able to receive OTPs or any texts unless you recharge.

2. Number deactivation after expiration: Visible holds your number for 60 days after the expiration of your recharge. During this period, your number is still attached to your account, but if you don't recharge within these 60 days, the number will be permanently deactivated and released for others.

This means you have 60 days to reactivate your number by recharging. I hope this helps anyone else with a similar situation!