Question on porting in

sportsfan7702
Novice III

So I am going to transfer my number to Visible ~ but I have about 6 weeks left of my Mint Mobile year. When would be the best time to start the port in process? (this is my second iPhone 12 and it’s a Replacement) , the speaker failed in my last one, so I don’t know if that makes a difference in Port in process.  My renewal is due September 16th
Matt 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start the process 3 or 4 days before. I have read port in can take minutes to a couple days and you need to leave your Mint account active while porting in or you could possibly lose your number. If you just replaced the phone it may have become locked again for a certain period of time. Make sure the phone is unlocked before the port.

I just saw no sim restrictions. So I’ll probably do it then week of the 9th. I figure 7 days SHOULD be enough time. Matt

Thank you.  I assume a week should be enough time? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plenty of time. A pSIM is sent overnight FedEx and you need to be home so q day shipping if ordered early enough in the day. eSIM is probably the quickest and if you don't have issues most have finished port in within 5 minutes and some have taken a few hours to update.

Since you have an iPhone you could also give the basic plan a 15 day free trial. It takes eSIM which you can do if you have an open eSIM slot.

Don't forget to grab someone's referral code from the savings spot to get $20 off your first month.

Good luck!

sportsfan7702
Novice III

So far but I really won’t know until I port in