SIM to eSIM Conversion Warning

Anon
Novice III

Just to let other folks know, if you've browsed the plans in the last few days, don't click convert to eSIM. Even if you don't change plans, the conversion will get stuck. When it gets stuck, you have no mobile connectivity. I'm still waiting for a resolution 12 hours later.

14 REPLIES 14

Jefe
Novice II

#&#@ I wish I saw this post before I tried. I'm stuck now too. Frack.

It might have been a hoopla reason. I'm still down 2.5 days. Hope that helps you be prepared.

same here 

I don't get the option to transfer sim in app. I've been waiting for hours for someone to come on chat and they are totally unresponsive on chat, twitter, messenger. On chat I got to next in line then the chat suddenly ended and I had to start over. I am so frustrated with the poor customer service that I'm about to just go back to ATT. You get what you pay for. This poor level of customer service is totally unacceptable. 

Moxie
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the heads-up! 

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

RogersJimenez
Novice

The change worked very well for me, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to do the process. And you must follow the instructions very well to make the change to eSim.

I was. It's a backend data database issue.

evanyau
Novice III

visible is very hateful, my eSIM failed to activate, I need my phone to accept a verification code to get a large amount of cash from the bank, the engineers at visible screwed everything up

Clara8908
Novice

My eSim seems to be working, but unfortunately my voicemail phone number is invalid when trying to set up my vmail. UGH! 

8FiddyMil
Novice III

Same here.I don't get the option to transfer sim in app. I've been waiting for hours for someone to come on chat and they are totally unresponsive on chat, twitter, messenger. On chat I got to next in line then the chat suddenly ended and I had to start over. I am so frustrated with the poor customer service that I'm about to just go back to ATT. You get what you pay for. This poor level of customer service is totally unacceptable. 

Yeah, it wasn't always this bad. I'm surprised that Verizon keeps its name on this service.  

Did you ever get up and running? Chat was totally non responsive for me. I switched to ATT. Iโ€™ve had enough with these offshoot carriers. You get what you pay for and I need a store to walk into and someone to talk with on the phone when problems occur. And a network that is not second rate. Trust me, Visible is not giving you that premium network of Verizon even with that upgraded plan they just started offering. Thatโ€™s just another gimmick to get more money out of you.

They failed multiple times to try to get a working esim card. I finally asked them to send me a new physical SIM card which they did but it took two attempts to get it to the right address. The first attempt they sent it to an invalid address and FedEx didn't know what to do. FedEx could not contact them either.

When the new phones come out and a good deal at a different carrier I will be switching.

It took 10 days to resolve.

I have the iPhone 14 and it does not have a physical SIM slot. You must use eSIM.