Service in Puerto Rico

Nxw
Novice III

I went to Puerto Rico and was disappointed that I didn't have service there. Are there plans to extend services to that territory?

9 REPLIES 9

kvelezvsc
Novice III

Visible tries to disguise it as it would.  Have you had any other opportunity to use it in PR since 2021?

No, Visible does NOT work in Puerto Rico.  I went last September tried it again and it only works on wifi... 

kvelezvsc
Novice III

The Verizon network is accessible throughout the island, and the lack of competition from other cell phone providers offering discounted plans is probably why Visible is "not available".

Lack of competition please clarify as T-mobile seems to be their primary carrier, along with many smaller companies. I had to purchase an AT&T sim while there to use my phone. There was no mention or notice of a Verizon network anywhere on the island. I was not able to pick up a signal unless I was connected to a strong wifi signal or someone's Hotspot.

kvelezvsc
Novice III

I based my Verizon anywhere statement from "Does Verizon Work In Puerto Rico? Updated February 2023 (theispfamily.com)".   My only personal experience was with T-Mobile and ATT and never had issues.

Noted. Thanks for your feedback. 

Oh I see as I just read the article.. I get it now.  Yes, Verizon works, however Visible powered by Verizon does not.  Thanks again.

gerasco
Novice

As of July 2023, no service with their basic service, except for WiFi when available. I think Visible+ uses roaming, but I didn't have that option.  I ended up buying a phone to use while I was there.  Really disappointed with Visible on that front because I'm happy with the service in the United States.

pdp8coder
Novice

In PR now, no service with basic Visible. fi

First I upgraded to Visible+ and then (connecting my phone on wifi) I followed Visible's online chat troubleshooting, for no service, all the way to reprovisioning my SIM.  After a restart, I have roaming.