Should I or shouldn't I?

CajunPagan9607
Novice II

Trying to make an informed decision. My husband needs a new phone and service provider. He has been a Boost customer for years but tbh the service has sucked ever since it was no longer Nextel & in Southern Louisiana it's really horrible. I have finally convinced him to get something different so I've been shopping around. I've been reading some of these threads and I'm not encouraged. Is it really as bad as it seems from what I've read? He doesn't need anything fancy, just reliable service for calls and texts with some data connectivity. The coverage map for visible is promising for our area. Also need opinions on the Midnight phone since we would be swapping his old moto e. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't comment on how good the Midnight phone is but guessing it will do the job. I have been using a cheap Motorola phone but not buying them anymore because of lack of updates to them. Personally instead of the Midnight phone I would maybe look at one of the inexpensive Pixel or Samsung phones which will likely have better security and Android updates than the Visible phone. The older the model though the less time left on the upgrades since they only update them for about 4 to 5 years after there release. This is JMO.

About Visible. I have been a Visible customer since July 2021. It is my first carrier and my first time with a cell phone. Since I had retired I decided it would be nice to have a mobile phone but the major carriers for a single line would cost me close to $100 a month, well that is the reason I never had a cell phone for the prior 56 years of my life or as long as they been around. I found Visible, it is owned by Verizon and operates on their network system. The good thing is that I have had only a couple minor issues since I joined. My signal is quite weak where I live, my neighbors on Verizon have the same issue(using same tower of course). I love the price and you can't go wrong with a plan that is completely unlimited including data with no data caps. Now the bad thing, if you value customer service and actually speaking to someone on a phone if you have an issue this is not the plan/carrier for your husband. If you have issues with service and/or the phone because of the low cost of the plans the only way to get a hold of customer service is by chat, Twitter messaging or Facebook messenger. Wait times to actually get a live agent can be as much as an hour but I have read the wait times have improved. I use FB messenger to get a hold of CS since I don't have to watch the countdown timer and can respond at any time.

Even with the not so great customer service I like the plan and have been very happy with them and have no reason to ever leave. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

WoodyWoodPecker
Novice II

I have the Visible Midnight phone and have had zero problems with it so far. I got it to use the hotspot feature to replace my DSL that was higher priced. I have had zero problems with using it for that. I have another phone that I use for phone calls and texts so I can't really answer about that service. There have been 2 instances one where it couldn't receive calls and another with texts but I only knew about them because I came here to check the forums. Those were both network issues and were straightened out with me not doing anything in a couple of days. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't comment on how good the Midnight phone is but guessing it will do the job. I have been using a cheap Motorola phone but not buying them anymore because of lack of updates to them. Personally instead of the Midnight phone I would maybe look at one of the inexpensive Pixel or Samsung phones which will likely have better security and Android updates than the Visible phone. The older the model though the less time left on the upgrades since they only update them for about 4 to 5 years after there release. This is JMO.

About Visible. I have been a Visible customer since July 2021. It is my first carrier and my first time with a cell phone. Since I had retired I decided it would be nice to have a mobile phone but the major carriers for a single line would cost me close to $100 a month, well that is the reason I never had a cell phone for the prior 56 years of my life or as long as they been around. I found Visible, it is owned by Verizon and operates on their network system. The good thing is that I have had only a couple minor issues since I joined. My signal is quite weak where I live, my neighbors on Verizon have the same issue(using same tower of course). I love the price and you can't go wrong with a plan that is completely unlimited including data with no data caps. Now the bad thing, if you value customer service and actually speaking to someone on a phone if you have an issue this is not the plan/carrier for your husband. If you have issues with service and/or the phone because of the low cost of the plans the only way to get a hold of customer service is by chat, Twitter messaging or Facebook messenger. Wait times to actually get a live agent can be as much as an hour but I have read the wait times have improved. I use FB messenger to get a hold of CS since I don't have to watch the countdown timer and can respond at any time.

Even with the not so great customer service I like the plan and have been very happy with them and have no reason to ever leave. Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say thanks for the information. We are going to go with Visible. I can deal with the customer service issues, personally I would rather message or chat than talk when I have a question or issue anyway. At any rate Visible has to be better than the poor service he's had with Boost. Now we just have to get his number ported in and all. 

How did the transfer to visible go? I am also considering changing service and would like to hear your opinion. 

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

If you have any Apple iPhone, you could try out visible for free for 15 days using eSIM. Visible will assign a temporary number. If you like the service you can port your existing number.

If you donโ€™t have iPhone, you can create a dummy account with a dummy email and take a referral from the Savings forum of this community, this will subsidize your plan from $30 to $10. You can use it for a month using Visible assigned number and later on port your existing number if you like the service by creating a new account.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Doggy-mama
Intermediate II

Iโ€™ve had no problems with the actual service since I joined Visible in April 2021.  I get more bars with Visible than I ever did in my years with Verizon!  No clue why ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Unfortunately, I have had several issues with customer support and it took about a month of chatting and reaching out on Facebook Messenger before I was able to switch from the legacy plan (the original plan) to the new $30 plan.  Iโ€™m still here, but since I am not able to purchase a new phone through Visible Iโ€™m actively looking at other carriers.

Loyaljon
Novice

Visible is thexworst service I have seen in my life

WoodyWoodPecker
Novice II

I have the Visible Midnight phone and have had zero problems with it so far. I got it to use the hotspot feature to replace my DSL that was higher priced. I have had zero problems with using it for that. I have another phone that I use for phone calls and texts so I can't really answer about that service. There have been 2 instances one where it couldn't receive calls and another with texts but I only knew about them because I came here to check the forums. Those were both network issues and were straightened out with me not doing anything in a couple of days. 

Thank you for your opinion. He decided to go ahead and get the Midnight, so as soon as we can get Boost to cooperate with porting his number he should be all set.