Someone please answer this: Is there an add-on available for multi-device Hotspot?

firefox
Novice III

Hello. I’m on my fourth day of the 15-day trial. I need multi-device hotspot which my trial does not allow. Is there a $10 add-on to be able to connect more than one device to Visible’s included mobile hotspot? I need at least four devices.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

firefox
Novice III

Well, I have clarified with Visible live agent on the Chat that indeed the $25/month plan includes Hotspot for more than ONE device connection.  Here's the transcript of our Chat (edited):

=============================================================
Customer: Subject: Two devices connecting to Visible Hotspot

Connai (the robot):**Get unlimited hotspot with Visible.**

A Mobile Hotspot lets you share your Visible network connection with another device so it can access the internet.
Your smartphone becomes a WiFi connection for devices like tablets, laptops, and more \n\nConnect multiple devices to your Hotspot at one time.

Note: performance will be reduced if multiple devices access data through the Hotspot simultaneously.

transfer_reason:Hotspot - Help with something else

intent:vsbl-helpsomethingelse

Customer:Help with something else

Connai (the robot):How can I assist you? Please select an option from the menu to begin.
Plans Information
Phone Compatibility
eSIM Transfer
Activation
Network Issues
Deals & Promotions
MFA Security Menu
None of these options

transfer_reason:Help with something else - sub menu

intent:vsbl-helpsomethingelse-submenu

Customer:None of these options

Connai (the robot):Didn't find what you were looking for? Here are some more possibilities. Select one to continue.
Billing
Payments
Orders
Case Status
International Calling
Change MDN
Port-In
Free Trial
Previous Menu
None of These

intent:vsbl-none

Customer:None of These

Connai (the robot):Please hold for a live agent!

Customer: Agent Assistance

Visible: Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to Visible! I am Darren, your Visible expert I appreciate you waiting on me and I will be delighted to take on the mission of resolving all your concerns about hotspot concerns.

Visible: Am I chatting with Customer?

Customer: Hello there. I just to have this pressing issue clarified: Is the $25/month plan allow more than one device to connect to the Visible Hotspot?

Visible: Nice meeting you virtually, Customer.

Customer: One of Connai's (the robot) response says "Connect multiple devices to your Hotspot at one time.".

Visible: $25 plan can allow more than one device to connect to Hotspot.

Customer: Is that true? But it does not mention to which plan it iapplies.

Visible: It's true, Customer.

Visible: We do advise to choose upgraded plans that we have here in Visible.

Visible: Like the new $25 plan.

Customer: Well, I'm on my fourth day of the 15day trial and I tried to connect a second connection from my laptop and the Hotspot refuses the connection., Is there a setting that I can change to allow two connections? My current carrier allows multiple connections!

Visible: I totally got you with this, if you are currently in Free trial, you can only connect one device on the hotspot, and it's different to our upgraded plans which you can connect more that 1 devices to your hotspot.

Visible: Free trial service with Visible is only a test of our services.

Customer: Okay. Thank you very much for your help. I think it's clarified now. I will please end this chat. Thanks.

Visible: Happy to help you today. Your feedback is valuable to us, please don't forget to share your feedback.❤️

Visible: You are very much welcome, Customer.

====================================================

View solution in original post

I am surprised that they have the trial limited on the hotspot but apparently by what the agent said it does. I would think it should be the same experience as what one would get on the base plan when joining. 

I am not familiar with eSIM since my phone isn't capable. But yes, I have read some do have issues. Just keep in mind when ordering a pSIM for the base plan it is now shipped USPS so it could take upwards of a week(from what I have seen reported on Reddit). 

Good luck and safe travels!

I don't have much knowledge on VPN's, I know what the purpose of them are but that is as far as my knowledge goes.

It makes me laugh at how a person can get different answers for the same question from different agents. Not sure why the agent would need your IMEI, it had to have passed the checker if you are on the trial. The feeling I have is if you are not getting multiple devices on trial I think you are going to have an issue when you join, but who knows, one can't seem to get a real answer.

Good luck if you go with Visible. Hope it works out for you. 

25 REPLIES 25

No add on avaible.

Not sure if the base plan(which is the free trial) has lifted the one device limit. The current plus plan is supposed to offer multiple devices and 10Mbps speeds. Keep in mind those 4 devices will share that speed. Since you mentioned in another post you have an iPhone there have been issues with this device limit. Not sure what the fix is but make sure you have the latest updates. Without going against T&C of Visible you might be able to hotspot a laptop or desktop and then use the hotspot from that device you might be able to get more than one device. Your best bet is to contact Visible customer service and ask if they have lifted the device limit on the base plan.

If you are a Reddit user check out Visible's page on there, it has been mentioned that iPhones have issues and maybe you could find a solution provided the base plan or the free trial offers multiple device connection.

I know my iPhone 12 can provide hotspot connection to multiple devices with my current name brand carrier. Not with visible though! Ihope someone from Visible will clarify this issue before my trial is over. Yes, it may be due to just the trial which is provisioned at the base service. Oh well, I really hate to be restricted to just one. Can a pSIM work on a mobile WiFi router? That could provide multiple device connection!

If you were thinking about going with Visible's base plan then I would suggest maybe contacting customer service to see if multiple device are available on the base plan. They don't visit these pages. If you had multiple hotspots on other carriers then maybe the base plan doesn't.

As far as putting it in a router it would go against Visible terms and conditions using them in something other then a smartphone. Will it work, I wouldn't know.

I know some people on Reddit were having issues with iPhone's getting the 10Mbps speeds and multiple devices on hotspot on the plus plan while other iPhone's working fine with multiple devices. 

I opened a Chat with Connai (the visible robot) and I asked about multiple devices on their hotspot and I got this reply. Again it does not clarify if it is available to both.  Maybe it is available to both plan - because it does not mention a specific plan or an add-on.

Oh, no! I don't have permission to upload images!  Anyway, It says:

"A Movile Hotspot lets you share your Visible network connection with another device so it can access the internet.

Your smartphone becomes a WiFi connection for devices like tablets, laptops, and more.

Connect multiple devices to your Hotspot at one time.

Note: performance will be reduced if multiple devices access data through the Hotspot simultaneously."

I searched Reddit and I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/17wypbj/hotspot_plus_addon_concept/

A $10/month add-on for multi-device Hotspot. BUT it does not elaborate (or I missed reading it) on whether it is available to the base $25/month plan!

The "Add-on" was only a concept. Not real!

I saw that in the address. 

firefox
Novice III

I wish someone from Visible Customer support can clear this for me: Is there really a $10/month add-on?  If so, is it available to the base $25/month plan?

Link doesn't work for me. As far as I know there is no $10 add on for multiple devices on hotspot. The only $10 add on that I know for the base plan is an Apple watch. 

I was curious about the base plan getting multiple devices on hotspot so I did send a message on Reddit. I did see that same thing listed under the plans on their website mentioning that and it doesn't single out the base plan. I will post what an agent says versus the chatbot.

Also, what to point out these change with the multiple hotspot was only made back at the end of March. It just seems odd that some iPhone's have issues and some don't. 

I'll see when I finally port my number when I get back home.  I'm traveling right now.  I'll be on the road again on Thursday and I'll be able to see Visible's service cross-country on the Interstates.  I will order a pSIM because I have heard bad stories on eSIM and Visible wants both the billing and shipping addresses to be the same. They don't ship to a different shipping address from the billing address.

I will say I personally had no issue with an e-sim.  My best friend using an iPhone 15 pro max couldn't do hot spot on more then one device.  Note she had the recommended $45 plan.  If Visible got its issues straight and fix accessibility issues with their app I might consider it.  But you can't offer a service then not provide it.  Lets be clear Visible has some excellent perks.  but they are no good if you don't give users what you promise.

Live agent just repeated the same thing:

Good question! Visible base plan includes mobile hotspot with unlimited data at speeds up to 5 Mbps. While more than 1 device may be connected to your Hotspot at one time, a single connected device will experience optimal speeds. Performance will be reduced if multiple devices access data through the Hotspot simultaneously. Actual data speed, availability and coverage will vary based on your device capabilities, usage, your location and network availability.

I don't know what the fix is for the iPhone issue. If you are running 2 SIM's maybe your main carrier is conflicting with it. If it is a pSIM have you tried removing it and see if Visible's eSIM will then hotspot multiple devices? Might need to do a restart after removing SIM.

Another option would be is if you have an Android phone laying around that isn't more than 2 to 3 years old they will do multiple devices on hotspot, it just needs to be changed in the settings. I have mine set to 10. Even though the change to this device limit was recent they were never able to enforce Android phones and I have had it since I began close to 3 years ago.

This morning, I removed the pSIM of my regular carrier thus leaving the Visible eSIM.  Tried to connect my laptop as a second device, it failed to connect.  Just what the live agent said - the trial version can only connect one device at a time.

I have iPhone 12 and my current carrier allows for multiple hotspot connections simultaneously.  I need multiple connection because when I'm on the road (I travel cross-country on Interstate highways), my iPad is always connected for email (I don't do email on the phone - too small), my wife with her Candy Crush game, etc. Sometimes, when on a stop, I open my laptop to continue jotting down notes for my book.

firefox
Novice III

Well, I have clarified with Visible live agent on the Chat that indeed the $25/month plan includes Hotspot for more than ONE device connection.  Here's the transcript of our Chat (edited):

=============================================================
Customer: Subject: Two devices connecting to Visible Hotspot

Connai (the robot):**Get unlimited hotspot with Visible.**

A Mobile Hotspot lets you share your Visible network connection with another device so it can access the internet.
Your smartphone becomes a WiFi connection for devices like tablets, laptops, and more \n\nConnect multiple devices to your Hotspot at one time.

Note: performance will be reduced if multiple devices access data through the Hotspot simultaneously.

transfer_reason:Hotspot - Help with something else

intent:vsbl-helpsomethingelse

Customer:Help with something else

Connai (the robot):How can I assist you? Please select an option from the menu to begin.
Plans Information
Phone Compatibility
eSIM Transfer
Activation
Network Issues
Deals & Promotions
MFA Security Menu
None of these options

intent:vsbl-helpsomethingelse-submenu

Customer:None of these options

Connai (the robot):Didn't find what you were looking for? Here are some more possibilities. Select one to continue.
Billing
Payments
Orders
Case Status
International Calling
Change MDN
Port-In
Free Trial
Previous Menu
None of These

intent:vsbl-none

Customer:None of These

Connai (the robot):Please hold for a live agent!

Customer: Agent Assistance

Visible: Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to Visible! I am Darren, your Visible expert I appreciate you waiting on me and I will be delighted to take on the mission of resolving all your concerns about hotspot concerns.

Visible: Am I chatting with Customer?

Customer: Hello there. I just to have this pressing issue clarified: Is the $25/month plan allow more than one device to connect to the Visible Hotspot?

Visible: Nice meeting you virtually, Customer.

Customer: One of Connai's (the robot) response says "Connect multiple devices to your Hotspot at one time.".

Visible: $25 plan can allow more than one device to connect to Hotspot.

Customer: Is that true? But it does not mention to which plan it iapplies.

Visible: It's true, Customer.

Visible: We do advise to choose upgraded plans that we have here in Visible.

Visible: Like the new $25 plan.

Customer: Well, I'm on my fourth day of the 15day trial and I tried to connect a second connection from my laptop and the Hotspot refuses the connection., Is there a setting that I can change to allow two connections? My current carrier allows multiple connections!

Visible: I totally got you with this, if you are currently in Free trial, you can only connect one device on the hotspot, and it's different to our upgraded plans which you can connect more that 1 devices to your hotspot.

Visible: Free trial service with Visible is only a test of our services.

Customer: Okay. Thank you very much for your help. I think it's clarified now. I will please end this chat. Thanks.

Visible: Happy to help you today. Your feedback is valuable to us, please don't forget to share your feedback.❤️

Visible: You are very much welcome, Customer.

====================================================

I am surprised that they have the trial limited on the hotspot but apparently by what the agent said it does. I would think it should be the same experience as what one would get on the base plan when joining. 

I am not familiar with eSIM since my phone isn't capable. But yes, I have read some do have issues. Just keep in mind when ordering a pSIM for the base plan it is now shipped USPS so it could take upwards of a week(from what I have seen reported on Reddit). 

Good luck and safe travels!

USPS where I live takes more than one week especially if shipper is from the East coast. My trial would be done by then. I should cancel the trial and remove the eSIM before the 15th day. Then start fresh when the pSIM arrives. I hope this is going to be smooth.  We are retired and trying to save our hard earned money with this dwindling economy!

Got another response from an agent on Reddit and I replied mentioning what you were told by the agent you were in contact with about the trial limited to one device on hotspot. That agent said the trial is supposed to get multiple devices on hotspot. This is typical Visible customer service just so you know. It may turn out that you might not get multiple hotspots after you join. As mentioned I know some iPhones have this issue so not sure if you will after joining or not. 

I am retired also, 3 years ago I walked off the job I had for over 35 years. never had a cell phone before and thought I should get one. I never had one before and think $100 a month for a single line is nuts for the big 3. Upon a bunch of research I found Visible and decided to join. Wanted it for road travel which I haven't really done any in that time.

The only drawback with Visible is customer service can only be contacted by chat or social media. I use either Facebook and message them or Reddit. I believe it is outsourced and they are not trained very well at their jobs but they do try their best. 

Yeah, if it turns out that the base plan does not allow multiple hotspot connections, I would be very disappointed. I have two 4G LTE capable iPhones that I could try with the base plan before I decide to port my number (and my wife’s) over. I know these iPhones are capable of multi device hotspot connections. My wife and I have used them before.

I chatted with a Visible Customer Care over at Reddit and an agent named CB confirmed that only one device can connect to a trial hotspot at a time.

I like Visible for what they offer but those agents seem to be clueless. I have been fortunate that the issues I have had were just minor ones, maybe 3 issues, and only one they were able to fix, the other two were not being able to sign into my account on my laptop or desktop using Chrome, I was able to using Edge. A week after contacting them and them telling me nothing was wrong I was able to use Chrome again. I just hope if you join you don't need assistance from customer service because you might get left hanging.

Here is the reply I got the other day on Reddit:

Oh, I am sorry for not making it clear about the free trial. Yes, even if the member is on a free trial, he/she can connect more than one device to our hotspot services. AR

Right! When I was on the chat on Reddit, the first agent (with the DS initials) said that I should be able to allow multiple devices to connect to the trial hotspot.  DS asked me to post me IMEI which I refused to post. Then after 6 hours in the chat, another agent (initial CB) finally confirmed that a trial can only allow ONE hotspot connection. Conflicting information!!

On the Visible.com login, I am using Express VPN on my PC and iPads.  I always disconnect from VPN before I initiate the login page to Visible. Once I'm logged in, I re-connect the VPN. The same with Reddit.  Before I click on the Reddit email notification that I have a new message on Reddit, I disconnect from VPN before I click on the link in the email.  When I'm in the Reddit message page, I reconnect my VPN.  I wonder why their login links are blocked by my VPN service??

I don't have much knowledge on VPN's, I know what the purpose of them are but that is as far as my knowledge goes.

It makes me laugh at how a person can get different answers for the same question from different agents. Not sure why the agent would need your IMEI, it had to have passed the checker if you are on the trial. The feeling I have is if you are not getting multiple devices on trial I think you are going to have an issue when you join, but who knows, one can't seem to get a real answer.

Good luck if you go with Visible. Hope it works out for you. 

Agent with the initial DS asked for IEMI so he can diagnose why my trial Visible only allows one hotspot.  I guess agent CB knows that the trial only allows ONE so he/she intervened at the end of the chat.

Anyway that's what I'm afraid of - that when I finally port my number that my iPhone, which hardware wise allows multi-device hotspot connection, will only allow one Visible hotspot connection. I'm afraid because there's no turning back. When we travel on the interstates, my wife needs to connect to my hotspot because her $10/month T-Mobile prepaid has cap on everything (talk, text, and data). I may have to port hers too.

I hope it works for me too!