Standby for service

Keerthivel
Novice II

I received my iPhone 14 PRO today. After successfully unboxing the phone, I downloaded the Visible app and signed in. I followed the steps for eSIM activation only to find that the ‘Go To Activation’ button is disabled (grayed out). Since these steps can be done only through the app, I have no other way to activate it. Also the app says ‘Standby for service.’ But it also says the new number is ready for use. I consider myself lucky that I am not stuck in number porting process. I have 14 days to return the device in case the issue never gets fixed. I am not really hopeful about the efficiency of the return process. 

If anyone has faced the same issue and has successfully been through it, I would be eager to hear the story.

8 REPLIES 8

Keerthivel
Novice II

Update: I received an email from Visible that they have corrected the issue on their end and I should be good to go. I installed the app, followed the steps and in about 15 mins, I was able activate and port my number to Visible. eSIM is indeed easy and convenient when done right. Amazing Visible!!!

What did you do to bring this issue to attention of Visible so they can email you?

sweetaliya
Novice

It's happening to me too, except today it just told me (mind you I've had this phone for a week now with no activation) that it was ready to be activated and I go to the app... and the bar is still gray. If I have 2 weeks before I can't return this phone then I'm about to just look for other options because this is ridiculous.

If you are doing an eSIM activation, then try these steps.

• Delete the eSIM.

• Go to the app and do transfer number to this phone 
  • This will redownload the eSIM to your phone.
  • Restart and see if the service is restored

sweetaliya
Novice

so you emailed them to get in touch with them? what was the email?

No. They don't have any email support. However they notify customers through email if they have any updates. One method that worked for me was I don't log in to the Visible website when I need to chat. Logout of yiur account. You will see the chat icon on the lower right corner. Click on it and enter your name and email. Pick the issue option and wait for live agent. This will never timeout. Eventually you will get a live agent connected.

staycee32
Novice

I'm having the same issue. Were you ever able to get it resolved, or did you have to return the phone?

staycee32
Novice

I'm currently having the same issue, were you ever able to get it resolved or did you have to return your device?

I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out or return it myself. It's been 5 days.