Switching Carriers

mikedknox
Novice

My service with T-mobile is horrible so I'm wanting to switch to Visible and keep my numbers, I have two phones. What would be the best way to do this. My Note 8 is compatible so that one is going to be replaced, is there a Visible store I can go to or do I have to buy it online? I also have a Galaxy S8+ that is compatible so I'll be keeping that phone. Additionally, I want to keep all my photos. Is it possible to transfer them to the new phone by way of the chip I put in this phone?

5 REPLIES 5

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I'll answer your questions.  First will be your questions followed by my answers.

is there a Visible store I can go to or do I have to buy it online?

One of the things that allows Visible to make the service cheaper is no stores so you have to purchase online.  That being said you should have no issue.  Customer service is excellent should you need them. 

I want to keep all my photos. Is it possible to transfer them to the new phone by way of the chip I put in this phone?

Your photos should be in Google photos you could transfer them that way or some other method like Dropbox.  Also if you get a SamSung I believe it has a phone to phone transfer tool. 

CarrieOnTheWeb
Novice III

tekgawd
Novice II

The new phone will walk you through the data transfer process during initial setup. To give you a heads up it will recommend using Smart Switch, Samsung's data transfer software. Make sure this is downloaded to your old phone. For the phone you are keeping you will not lose any information on it by switching your SIM card since the data is stored in the phone's internal memory.

Visible is not in retail stores as previously mentioned so will need to be bought through either Visible's website, Walmart's website or Amazon.com. Just keep in mind though promotions may only apply when buying directly through Visible's website.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

@@@@@@tekgawd  said  "Just keep in mind though promotions may only apply when buying directly through Visible's website"  Let me just make this very clear I think there is no may about it.  If you want the promo purchase from Visible's website.  I have never seen where Visible honors promos on purchases made from sites such as amazon.com.  Another advantage of Visible shipping is it is next day accept on Saturday and sunday.  So If you order before 3 pm CST monday through Thursday you will get it the next day.   If you order Friday Saturday or Sunday tack another day on.   Why is this?  It only ships Monday through Friday.  So if you Order Friday, Saturday, or Sunday it will Ship on Monday provided that Monday isn't a national holiday if this the case your shipment will be delayed one more da

tekgawd
Novice II

@phoneman2021 The aggressive tone was unnecessary as I was simply trying to offer helpful information as you were. Party pay is technically considered a promotional discount yet you can buy a SIM from another channel and still register for that up to $15 dollars off. The verbiage I used was meant to be in a more professional tone to allow for exceptions should Visible ever run another promotion or program that can be taken advantage of by any customer regardless of purchase location in the future. Regardless, your input is appreciated.