Terrible Service! IT can't get anything right! Now I have 2 paper weights!

Jadden
Novice II

Terrible!!!   Signed up on 8/29/22. Got the phone 8/31/22. Tried to port the old number to new phone. Three days later, all I have is 2 paper weights.

Working with customer service is impossible. Every time I initiate a chat, the longer I need to wait.  Maybe that's by design.  A way to weed out the customers they don't want to spend time and money on helping. 

First, I got the phone, initiated porting phone number from old phone to new.  Seemed to work, but data wasn't working. 

So, contacted Visible again. . .always by chat. . They referred the matter to IT. 

Saturday, my new phone isn't working at all (it reverted back to new phone number, not the one I had ported)

Then, I'm informed (via email, which I can't read if data isn't working) that everything is resolved and to restart my phone.  But it isn't resolved.  So, Now, the old phone doesn't work at all.  And the new phone only works with the new number (that no one knows) and it still doesn't get data, even though IT says it was fixed. . 

So, basically, I have 2 phones that I can't use, except as paper weights. 

What did I learn from all this?  If you try to get service from Visible,  only do it if the whole process is completely hassle free.  If you experience even ONE challenge in the process.  Drop it and go with another carrier. It's just not worth the time and effort. . . especially when all your left with is 2 phones that don't work. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jadden
Novice II

Now it get's even better! When I contact Customer Service - yet again - to resolve they issue, inform them of the issues, they start to investigate, then the Chat unexpectedly closes.  The people at Visible are inept.  I respect that most Service representatives genuinely try to help, but I don't like Chat's being closed, , , and then no one follows up by phone.  That is clear evidence that Visible management is inept, they have NO solutions and NO idea how to handle customer service.  IF they did, Customer Service would follow up by phone if a chat closes prematurely - and they would call on both phone numbers.  Incompetence at Visible is overwhelming. . . and it starts at the top. 

Jadden
Novice II

Apparently I can't post multiple times in a few days.  So, 

Horrible experience.   Awful customer service. . . some reps try hard, but Visible is awful and the customer service (ONLY available via Chat) takes 20 to 30 minutes of waiting before someone responds.  And if you're PC goes to sleep, or phone does, you are toast.  Start all over again and wait another 20 to 30 minutes.  And, if the chat happens to close while you're on with the rep, go back to the end of the line again.  No one is going to call you or reach out to you to continue the conversation. 

Tried to port the old number to new phone. Three days later, all I have is 2 paper weights. 

1. Day 1 Contacted CS to have number ported

2. Day 2 The phone number successfully ported, but had no data, so I contacted Customer Service (CS) to get data

3. Day 3, the Visible IT contacted me via email to say all was resolved

4. Day 3, the ported number was lost, and phone still had no data. (even though CS said it was resolved)

5. Day 4, contacted CS to report and resolve issue.  Spent 20 to 30 waiting for CS Rep, got disconnected after 20 minutes

6. Day 4, contacted CS again to report and resolve issue.  Spent 30 minutes waiting for CS.  Explained issue and provided case#.  CS said investigating the issue. . . 2 minutes later. . . Chat is disconnected. 

7. Day 4, Returned to major carrier office and requested number be ported back to original carrier.  If Visible CANNOT resolve tech issues, AND won't reply to Chats, or call me directly when disconnected, then I'm gone. So, I left.  

Also, when accessing the Visible App on a brand new Samsung phone, I had to reinstall it  2-3 times because after I used it once, it wouldn't launch again, the dreaded blue 'windows' circle just keeps spinning and spinning, doing nothing. So, had to quit, uninstall, shut down, and reinstall at least 2 times.  So, the App works about as well as the phone service. . . it doesn't work at all!

BTW - Every time I initiate a chat, the longer I need to wait.  Maybe that's by design.  A way to weed out the customers they don't want to spend time and money on helping. 

First, I got the phone, initiated porting phone number from old phone to new.  Seemed to work, but data wasn't working. 

So, contacted Visible again. . .always by chat. . They referred the matter to IT. 

Saturday, my new phone isn't working at all (it reverted back to new phone number, not the one I had ported)

Then, I'm informed (via email, which I can't read if data isn't working) that everything is resolved and to restart my phone.  But it isn't resolved.  So, Now, the old phone doesn't work at all.  And the new phone only works with the new number (that no one knows) and it still doesn't get data, even though IT says it was fixed. . 

So, basically, I have 2 phones that I can't use, except as paper weights. 

What did I learn from all this?  If you try to get service from Visible,  only do it if the whole process is completely hassle free.  If you experience even ONE challenge in the process.  Drop it and go with another carrier. It's just not worth the time and effort. . . especially when all your left with is 2 phones that don't work. 

You don't have to uninstall and reinstall the app you could just clear the cache and data and that should fix the problem

Thanks but I didn't sign up for apps not to work (or I need to fix them all the time)  or for waiting 30 minutes on a chat only to be disconnected after I explain the situation to the agent while having NO service.  I'm back to Verizon. . Visible just wasn't worth the hassle, the time, the effort, or the aggravation. 

Thanks, but if the app doesn't work, and the chat services doesn't work, or keeps getting closed by Customer Service because they don't want to help, I'm done.  I can accept less service if I'm saving money, but I didn't sign up for $30/month to get NO phone service and NO customer service. .  Sitting on hold for 20 to 30 minutes, only to get booted and start the process again, only to get booted once more after I explain the situation to the agent, gets old pretty fast. . . So I'm back with the wireless company whose Network Visible uses.  Visible just wasn't worth the time, effort, and aggravation. 

You're right Jadden! Two SIM cards and five chats later and still no service on the Samsung A13 I bought from Visible. After two weeks of trying, I asked about returning the phone and they said "sorry, it's been over 14 days so no returns". Should have stopped after the second try.

22ponder
Novice

You're right Jadden! Two SIM cards, five 2-hour chats, and two weeks later and still no service. Must have reloaded the Visible app, pulled the SIM card in and out, and turned the phone on and off a dozen times, plus did all the other things suggested on the Visible website and elsewhere, all to no avail. So today I asked how to return the Samsung A13 phone I got from Visible when I signed up for the service, and they said "sorry, it's past the 14-day return period so you cannot return the phone". I should have stopped after the first try to get service....

russellowens20
Intermediate

I managed to input my APN manually on my Samsung s20FE to get data but after two weeks of trying everything under the sun, even the setting from TheCellTower(Thanks,BTW), I am still unable to send or receive MMS messages and CS is useless so far.