The information you entered does not match what we have on file.

c6n
Novice

Brand new customer, signed up online last night. My first sign up didn’t work because it didn’t apply my discount from my employer PerkSpot. I cancelled that service and signed up again.

The second sign up successfully applied my discount and I ported my number from Verizon and added my cellular Apple Watch. I was able to activate the eSIM on my iPhone and place calls and texts using my ported number. 

BUT, I tried to update my billing address and Visible said they sent me a one-time SMS code. It never came. I tried to resend the codes many times. Last night and today. Still nothing. I contact Visible chat and explain the situation. The nice representative tried some things but nothing worked. They then tried moving to the other eSIM on my iPhone. I lost service (they mentioned this was normal), but the provisioning of the new eSIM was taking too long and they said it needs to be escalated and I’ll hear from someone via email.

At this point I now had no cell service and was sitting waiting for an email. The email still hasn’t come but when I opened the Visible app again, it said I had a new eSIM to activate? Okay, weird but I clicked next, and it provisioned my number on the original eSIM (not the one that the agent was trying).

Anyway, I have service now so I tried to sign in to try and update my billing address since I could hopefully receive one-time codes from Visible, but now I can’t even sign in! I keep getting this message: “The information you entered does not match what we have on file.”

At this point I’m concerned, I’m locked out of any account I have and I have no idea how stable this new eSIM is since this is not on the IMEI I gave the agent to try and fix the original issue. I’m worried I’m going to lose cell service and have no way to login and provision a new eSIM.

I just waited in line for 45 min to chat with support and once I got connected the agent said they would send me a password reset email. I got the email, reset the password, but when signing in, I get the same message: ”The information you entered does not match what we have on file.”

Then, the chat got disconnected and now I’m stuck having to wait another 45 min in line. I really don’t know what to do now. The agents I spoke to genuinely seem helpful and wanting to help, but I’m getting tossed around and nothing seems to be working. I’m pretty disappointed with this entire process. This was supposed to be easy, straightforward and the future of cell carriers, but that has not been my experience. 

As of right now, I have no way of signing into my account. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I have no idea if my ported number is safe and for how long I might have service for before something else goes wrong. I also don’t even know if the original issue of not receiving one-time SMS codes from Visible is even working since I can’t try after all of this. It’s important to note, I was receiving SMS codes from my bank and other services just fine. The issue was only with codes sent from Visible themselves which never come. 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!

0 REPLIES 0