Transfer 2 phones on 1 account to Visible?

Dshow
Novice

I presently have a Verizon account with both my wife and my IPhone on it.  I would like to transfer them to Visible.  Do I need to install the Visible app on both phones and port them separately or is there a way to port them both from my phone?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III
  • Don't know about Verizon but when porting from my carrier two separate port PINs were required.
  • No they need not be ported simultaneously. As each line is ported, carriers cancel that line and when all have been canceled the account is then canceled. However, if you've got a multi-line account with discounts there will be a brief period (or not so brief as the case may be with porting issues) whereby you'll incur prorated charges. In my case, there was a day's charge for a single line without any discount as well as some nominal charges for some other promotional discounts applicable to multi-line accounts.
  • Account gets created when you order. Cant say how it appears on the iOS app; for me it's the Get Started button on the home display. Once you order you'll be notified when you can activate (but depends on whether you go with eSIM or physical SIM). Me personally, I've always ordered through the web site and then activate using the phone app.

Verify any charges with Verizon and make sure you have all the porting information from Verizon.

See the following for a smooth port: https://www.visible.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-port-my-number-to-visible

That link also includes some info on porting from Verizon.

Also be sure to apply the new VISIBLE24 code at checkout. See: https://www.visible.com/deals/

P.S. You might also want to use someone's referral code to see if you can get a better 1st month rate in addition to the current promo. Most of the regulars who actually participate around here have their code(s) as posts in their profiles or you can grab an arbitrary one from the Savings Spot forum here. However make sure the referral code doesn't negate the VISIBLE24 code before checking out. Visible may not allow stacking of the codes. If in doubt, just go with the VISIBLE24 promo code.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Separately. Visible doesn't have multi-line accounts. You'll need to establish two accounts using two different email addresses; however, both accounts may use the same payment method.

Thank you! (More questions...  🙂 )

• Since I have 2 phones on my Verizon account, I assume when I create a transfer PIN, I will use it to set up both accounts?
  • Do you know if I need to do them at the same time? (meaning, if I do my phone, since it is my account, will it kick her phone off the plan as well?)
  • Before I start the transfer process, I downloaded the app to my Iphone.  I didn't see a way to create an account on the Visible app.  Is creating an account part of the transfer process and you can't create an account beforehand?

Thanks!

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III
  • Don't know about Verizon but when porting from my carrier two separate port PINs were required.
  • No they need not be ported simultaneously. As each line is ported, carriers cancel that line and when all have been canceled the account is then canceled. However, if you've got a multi-line account with discounts there will be a brief period (or not so brief as the case may be with porting issues) whereby you'll incur prorated charges. In my case, there was a day's charge for a single line without any discount as well as some nominal charges for some other promotional discounts applicable to multi-line accounts.
  • Account gets created when you order. Cant say how it appears on the iOS app; for me it's the Get Started button on the home display. Once you order you'll be notified when you can activate (but depends on whether you go with eSIM or physical SIM). Me personally, I've always ordered through the web site and then activate using the phone app.

Verify any charges with Verizon and make sure you have all the porting information from Verizon.

See the following for a smooth port: https://www.visible.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-port-my-number-to-visible

That link also includes some info on porting from Verizon.

Also be sure to apply the new VISIBLE24 code at checkout. See: https://www.visible.com/deals/

P.S. You might also want to use someone's referral code to see if you can get a better 1st month rate in addition to the current promo. Most of the regulars who actually participate around here have their code(s) as posts in their profiles or you can grab an arbitrary one from the Savings Spot forum here. However make sure the referral code doesn't negate the VISIBLE24 code before checking out. Visible may not allow stacking of the codes. If in doubt, just go with the VISIBLE24 promo code.

Visible did allow me to use the Visible24 Code, and also accepted the referral code, stating they would credit the person who referred me, only. Would not allow me to use but one code at a time. 

I just want to point out that this promo does not stack with F&F referral codes according to the disclosure. It looks like it can't be applied for the first month as a new customer for either plan. It does look like if a person accrues F&F credits while here they can be used on the plus plan. See below.

Promo may not be combined with any other service promotion, discounts, monthly device promotions, or the Bring a Friend offer for new members in their first month. Promo may not be combined with referral credits within the same month if you are on the Visible plan (Referral credits will apply first, instead of promo credits); Promo credits may be combined with referral credits within the same month if you are on the Visible+ plan.